Wednesday 22 August 2012

Music Notes

The color challenge at Dynamic Duos this week is Basic Black and River Rock - a gorgeous combination.  The team at Addicted to Stamps have a Cards for Boys challenge going and I think this card would fit (edited to add:  missed the deadline at Addicted to Stamps - oops).  I have no idea how my mind worked to get to my finished card, but here it is.


I just love the tone-on-tone look of the music notes die on the Basic Black card base.  I chose the sentiment because it looks like it's being sung and that keeps with the theme.  I cut out a few individual notes from a third die cut to place around the sentiment.  My 2-way glue pen got a workout with this card, let me assure you LOL.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Neutrals DSP Stack
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Memory Box Music Notes die; Scallop Border Punch; 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon

Cheers
Karren





4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow I really like your embossed musical notes and the stripes in your DP remind me of a keyboard or even a stringed instrument! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Christine Blain said...

Gorgeous - I love it! You rocked this colour challenge, Karren!

Anni said...

What a beautiful card! Love the note dies and the the note embossing folder!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card, Karren! Love that embossed background and it fits perfectly with those musical note die cuts around te sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)