Sunday 7 October 2012

An Oldie but a Goodie

This is my last card of the day (and weekend).  I really wanted to use the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary before the challenge closed as well as the color combo at Color Me Beautiful.  With that in mind, I decided to go fresh and clean and pulled out one of my oldest stamp sets Definitely Decorative Daisy.




Hmmm, doesn't look very fresh and clean, does it?  Once I had the main panel stamped, I thought it was lacking something.  So I dug around in one of my plastic tubs of rarely used stamps and pulled out my Linen background stamp.  Once I'd stamped over the main panel, my card was going to be anything but fresh and clean, so I decided to go all out and try and meet the criteria of texture over at SUO Challenges.

I textured everything!  Using either Linen background, the distressing tool or the Finial Press Embossing Folder, it was textured LOL.

The daisy was stamped using Pink Pirouette stamped full strength and Regal Rose stamped off.  The leaves were Always Artichoke full strength and then stamped off.  The only color I didn't use was Certainly Celery.

The banners were embossed then lightly sponged with Crumb Cake ink to highlight the embossing.  The ends were curled slightly to add to the texture theme.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  DD Daisy; Linen; Bring on the Cake
Cardstock:  Basic Gray; Whisper White; Regals, Brights and Subtles DSP
Ink:  Pink Pirouette; Regal Rose; Always Artichoke; Basic Gray; Crumb Cake
Accessories: Sponge; Distressing Tool; Finial Press EF; Basic Pearls

Cheers
Karren

20 comments:

Melissa Davies said...

Love the worn edges and embossed patterned banners! Adds great texture to the card! So glad you chose to join us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh wow...I haven't used that stamp set in ages! It was one of the first ones I loved and purchased! Love the Linen image stamped over it, too (another stamp I loved!) Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Mitchell said...

It's fun to see some of the oldie but goodie stamp sets! I had forgotten how pretty this one is. Love the linen texture and the distressed edges. Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Elizabeth Price said...

I love the addition of the linen background stamp. It is fun to see an old favorite stamp set and how you have worked with it. Your card is rich with details and perfect for our sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary, TFS. Smiles, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Love your distressing! Nice work! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Timko said...

Beautiful!!! Love, love the colors and all the textures! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Kerry Parkinson said...

Great card Karren and love all your textures and the way you combined the colours. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Beautiful again this week!

Deb said...

This looks awesome! I love the use of the Linen background stam and I miss it terribly! Your card has so many great details and I love it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Jacquel said...

Nice card & great sketch! Thanks for playing with CMB!!!

Unknown said...

Blast from the past! I loved this set when I had it. Great job with the colors.

Unknown said...

Blast from the past! I loved this set when I had it. Great job with the colors.

stressfreestamping said...

This looks really nice! I love the layout and the stamp set you chose. Thanks for playing at CMB this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Great way to combine two challenges! Love the big daisy and the shabby chic design. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Margaret said...

Such a great use of the sketch and you did a great job with the colors! I love the linen background (really should have bought that one...) and the banners are fantastic! So glad you joined us again this week at Color Me Beautiful!

Mary Brown said...

This was always one of my favorite SU sets! LOVE how you gave it a fresh new look with the colors and the banners! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I never had this set and I really like what you did with it on this card along with the distressing! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Stewart said...

Oh, how I loved this stamp set! It was one of the first ones I bought when I became a demonstrator! I love how you added those DSP flags at the bottom. It really makes the card!

AnnMarie said...

Absolutely beautiful card!! It really is stunning!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Me Beautiful! :)

Heidi Baks said...

Love it! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Heidi Baks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.