Tuesday 19 March 2013

Bunny Balloon

I've had fun making cards over the weekend, this was the third one I made in one day - which is unusual for me!  This card is for the challenge at SUO Challenges, which is to make an Easter or Spring card and the sketch challenge at Sketch Frenzy Friday.


Even though I don't send Easter cards, I just love this Everybunny set.  I stamped the balloon image onto watercolor paper twice and colored in with blender pen and ink.  I then punched out one image using the 2 1/2" circle punch and cut out the balloon only from the second image, which was then adhered to the main image.

The flowers are left over from a dye-ing session I had earlier today where I dyed some flower trim using water and Lucky Limeade reinker in a spritzer bottle.

I think this card would have looked so much better with the Clouds Embossing Folder but alas, I don't have it (yet!).

Thanks for looking.


Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Everybunny
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla; Watercolor; Festival of Prints DSP; Lucky Limeade
Ink:  Lucky Limeade; Daffodil Delight; Island Indigo; Soft Suede; Going Gray; Black Stazon
Accessories:  Flower Trim

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was a top pick at SUO Challenges this week.  Thanks guys!

9 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Such a sweet card, Karren! I am the same - don't send Easter cards, but am a sucker for the cute bunny images in this stamp set. I love your colour choices ... and must try dyeing some flower trim too. Gorgeous!

Deb said...

This is so adorable! Love the bunny image and how you extended it above the circle! Very creative! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Heidi Baks said...

What a fun take on the sketch! Love how the balloon is popping out of the circle. Adorable! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! That balloon is so cute, and I love how you used our sketch!!

Patrice Herrera said...

Cleaver, very cleaver! What a perfect use of our SFF sketch. I really like how you made the balloon POP! This is a very sweet Easter Card.

Connie Babbert said...

So sweet...love how the balloon seems to "float" out of the background! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Jen Timko said...

I love this card, Karren...love it! You coloring and the perfect use of that sketch are amazing! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Sharon Wheet said...

Karren, what an absolutely beautiful card. I love the colors you chose to work with. You really made our sketch shine. thank you for playing along with us @ SFF.
a wonderfully creative card you created. love it.