Monday 3 June 2013

Creative Crew Jun 2013 - Color Focus

My first card I'm showing on my blog for this month's Creative Crew challenge at Splitcoaststampers is the color focus card.

Here's the guidelines from our hostess:

CCREW0613DF - DSP/Color Focus:  To celebrate Candy Month (June), let's concentrate on the new In Colors:  Baked Brown Sugar; Strawberry Slush; Crisp Cantaloupe; Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana.  These colors all look good enough to eat!

Use one or most colors in a happy, sparkly way.

(If the new In Colors are not part of your stash yet, use Soft Suede; Melon Mambo; Wild Wasabi; Marina Mist and Daffodil Delight.)

Any neutral is welcome in the candy store.

As we in New Zealand can't pre-order the new In Colors until now, I worked with the alternate colors.  I was quite pleased that I managed to get all the colors into my card, except Soft Suede.


I used the trendy set Oh Hello for this CAS card.  I stamped the chevron pattern in both Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.  The Daffodil Delight piece I cut out with my oval framelits and the Melon Mambo piece I punched out using my Itty Bitty Punch and adhered it to a Designer Builder Brad.  The flowers were colored using markers and then fussy-cut. The white organdy ribbon was dyed using Daffodil Delight ink and then because I'm impatient, it was dried in the microwave!  The "Hello" was stamped using Marina Mist ink.

Thanks for looking.  Head on over to Splitcoaststampers and check out the gallery by using the search term CCREW0613DF.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Oh Hello
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Melon Mambo; Daffodil Delight; Marina Mist
Accessories:  Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight markers; Designer Builder Brad; oval framelits, white organdy ribbon, Daffodil Delight re-inker

Cheers
Karren


No comments: