Saturday 8 June 2013

Dad's Day by the Seashore

I wasn't planning on stamping this weekend - I'd decided to have the weekend off, but then the courier delivered my new catty pre-order this morning and, well, I got the urge to stamp!

This card covers the sketch challenge this week at Freshly Made Sketches and the masculine challenge at Stampin' Royalty.



My card uses the new Baked Brown Sugar color as well as Soho Subway DSP and Epic Day Washi Tape.  The shells were stamped on Shimmery White cardstock and colored using Crumb Cake ink refill and a blender pen.  They were popped up on dimensionals onto the Very Vanilla panel which was stamped with a sentiment from Delightful Dozen. Several flags were cut from the Soho Subway DS and rolled slightly to flick outwards.  

I used some washi tape to cover the line where I had to stamp Netting twice to cover the Baked Brown Sugar layer.  Some Early Espresso twine and a Brushed Bronze button.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  By the Seashore; Delightful Dozen; Netting
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Baked Brown Sugar; Very Vanilla; Soho Subway DSP
Ink:  Crumb Cake; Black Stazon; Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories:  Epic Day Washi Tape; Early Espresso Baker's Twine; Brushed Bronze Button; 

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Top Pick at Stampin' Royalty.

8 comments:

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love the neutral colors and the clever way in which you covered the "seam." Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Wow Karren - this really is my kind of card. I love the colours and your shells are genius!

Jen Brum said...

Fabulous card Karren! I love these colours and those shells are perfect for this card! Love the flags! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Karren this is a fabulous Father's Day card! Love how you're showcasing your new goodies - mine didn't come yet :( Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Extraordinary! I love every detail!! Your shells are amazing! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Christine Blain said...

LOVE this card, Karren. Isn't Baked Brown Sugar a fabulous colour? Love the DSP flags, and your use of washi tape.

Sabrina said...

A great sophosticated FD card. Love it!

LeAnne said...

Stunning!