Tuesday 26 November 2013

White Christmas

This week's challenge at Merry Monday is to create an all-white or all-ivory Christmas card.  How can that not be classy and elegant???

Just look at the beautiful inspiration photo that Lesley chose:



As soon as I saw the challenge details, I knew I wanted to do some white-on-white embossing and produce a very CAS but elegant card.  This doesn't show up in the photo quite as nicely as in real life but I hope you get the idea.



I white-embossed the tree from Christmas Lodge onto a panel of Whisper White cardstock.  I then stamped the sentiment from Contempo Christmas in Crumb Cake ink.  I rounded one corner and added some white Baker's Twine before adhering to the card base using dimensionals.  Here's a close up of the embossing.



You'll just have to trust me when I say this looks better IRL :)

Check out the other DT cards and have a go at the challenge.

Products used:

Stamps:  Christmas Lodge; Contempo Christmas
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Ink:  Versamark; Crumb Cake
Accessories:  White EP; White Baker's Twine; Basic Pearls

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love white on white embossing but it is so hard to capture its beauty in a photo. Love this, Karren!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful! I love the white embossing and the pearls!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful...sooooo elegant!

Marie Bingaman said...

I'll take your word for it that it looks "better" IRL, cuz I think it looks pretty stunning here too! :)

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Karren! I love white embossing on white. It's so gorgeous!

Notes by Nina said...

Very elegant CAS card Karren, the white on white embossing looks wonderful.

Loll said...

Hi Karren. Your card is beautiful! Love the white embossing on the Whisper White card stock - so elegant. Loll xx

Wendy said...

I think your card is beautiful, Karren! Love the softness of your embossed tree, the pearls on the cornered edge and the baker's twine bow! It reminds me of a peaceful scene after a snowfall. Love this! Have a wonderful week! :)

LeAnne said...

This is stunning...I am surprised that the white embossing looks that fabulous on white cardstock. I am going to have to try this myself! Beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Stunning! Might have to try this myself!

Karen Davis said...

Hi Karren. The white embossing has such a wonderful effect on the white cardstock. The tree itself is a fabulous image. A gorgeous, serene Christmas scene.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. The white embossing on white looks fabulous.

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Karren! Absolutely love the softness...very classy indeed.

Darnell said...

Breathtaking, Karren!! Hugs, Darnell

Scrappy Géri said...

This is so beautiful! Simple and beautiful! It gives it an impression of peace and quiet! :)

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous! Love the simple design and the embossing!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous CAS card Karren, love the white embossing on white.

Margaret Moody said...

So simple yet so very elegant, Karren! I love it!