Saturday 7 December 2013

Bermuda Christmas

Today was the first time I've stamped in two weeks!  (My Merry Monday DT cards were made a while ago).  It's bizarre but even though stamping relaxes me, it's the first thing I walk away from when things get stressful.  The stress is nothing major just the usual Christmas stress combined with insurance/earthquake repair stresses.  Working for a courier company means that the lead-up to Christmas is never peaceful and even though I don't work in the day-to-day operational areas, it's still a cray-cray time LOL.

Anyway, enough about my life.  It took a few attempts to get a card I was sort of happy with but here it is.



I went all multi-challenge with this card - combining the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches with the fun colors at ColourQ plus the snowflake challenge at Stampin' Royalty and the non-traditional Christmas challenge at SUO Challenges.  Phew!

I was inspired by the ColourQ DT - many of whom made Christmas cards with these colors, so I dug out some snowflake sets and my inkpads and stamped away.  I stamped snowflakes from both Snowflake Soiree and Serene Snowflakes onto a Whisper White panel using Lucky Limeade, Real Red and Pool Party ink.  I layered that onto a Real Red panel and then onto the Bermuda Bay card base, which I'd embossed with Northern Flurries EF.  

Not my best card, but not the worst either.  Thanks for looking.




Products used:

Stamps:  Snowflake Soiree, Serene Snowflakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  Frosted Finishes Embellishments, Northern Flurry EF

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

You can never go wrong with snowflakes I think! Especially when they are stamped in these fun colors! I love the embossed background on your card and the pretty embellishment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and colourQ!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely card, Karren, I love your snowflakes and all the embossing! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is really lovely Karren! I could never manage to combine all of those colours and make them look lovely like this - I get three and I'm melting down at the thought of how to make them work! I've missed seeing your cards - glad your back in your room. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week! x

Loll said...

Lovely card Karren. The colors are perfect for snowflakes and matching the stamps up with the snowflake embossing and the snowflake brad, makes for a beautiful card! Loll xx

Scrappy Géri said...

Love your card! You did a perfect job :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Great job on all of the challenges! Love your use of the colors along with the terrific snowflake panel and embossing :-) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Linda Suarez said...

I love the multi colored snowflakes! And the embossed snowflakes too! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Darnell said...

You might only be "sort of" happy with it, but I LOVE it, Karren! I am putting this at the top of my cards to CASE!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Karen! I LOVE it too! I hope it relieved a little bit of stress!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty mix of colorful snowflakes! Marvelous card! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Karen Barber said...

Beautiful snowflakes and beautiful card!

Connie Babbert said...

Great combination of challenges! Love the multi-colored snowflakes! Hope you find time to relax before the holidays. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!