Saturday 14 December 2013

Celebration

Ina break from Christmas cards, I decided to go light and summery today.  And the colors at Just Add Ink were the perfect choice!  I combined them with Narelle's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and came up with this card, using some Close To My Heart NBUS.



I used two CTMH sets for this card - Charming Chevrons and Banner Wishes.  I stamped the chevrons in Soft Sky, Blushing Bride and So Saffron directly onto the card base.  I then stamped the banner in Basic Black onto Whisper White.  I curved the sentiment slightly to look more natural and stamped that in Calypso Coral before cutting the banner out.

My lovely CTMH consultant (aka my Mum!) gave me the chevron rhinestone shapes with my last order so I highlighted the middle column of chevrons with them.  They are so easy to use!  To finish off the card, I randomly placed a few Candy Dots.




Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Banner Wishes, Charming Chevrons (CTMH)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Soft Sky, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Basic Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Sparkle Chevron Shapes (CTMH), Candy Dots

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as the winner at Just Add Ink.

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is fabulous Karren! LOVE how you've used the challenge colours and combined it with my sketch. The chevrons are so cool and I love the added chevron bling too! Thanks for joining us at both Freshly Made Sketches and Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Fabulous Karren! The JAI colours look great as chevrons, love the bling frame and Narelles sketch is the perfect layout...Such a great combination. Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so great Karren! Love the colors and the fun chevrons!

Michelle said...

Awesome!!!! Pretty color palette!

Paula Dobson said...

A fun and fresh card Karren. Love the addition of the Candy Dots too. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

Christine Blain said...

Wow - this is VERY cool!! Love how you've used the colours, Karren, and the rhinestones and the black are great additions. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the sketch! The trendy chevrons look fantastic in these colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome card!! I LOVE it!! Love the chevrons,the colors and the rhinestones!! Thank you for joining us at FMS!

KimB said...

What a wonderful combo - chevrons and swirly sentiment Karren. Very modern but still soft. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Lauren said...

This is so pretty! I have these stamps sets coming and can't wait to play.