Tuesday 17 December 2013

Happy Mouse

Welcome back to another Merry Monday challenge.  This week's challenge is a fun one - create a Christmas card with an animal of some sort on it.



For my card, I chose to go with a mouse.  Now I know that mice are more rodents than animals, but I'm taking some artistic license because this image is just too cute not to use :)



This is a Penny Black transparent stamp from a set called Jolly Follies.  I stamped it onto Whisper White cardstock and colored it using Copics.  The sentiment comes from the retired set Contempo Christmas.

I have to confess that this is the first time I have voluntarily used Gumball Green, but it matched the scarf best, so I used it.  It doesn't actually look too bad so maybe, like Lucky Limeade, I'll end up loving this color - right around the time it's retired!

Have a check for animal stamps in your stash and go make a Christmas card.  You've still got time to get it in the mail... LOL.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Jolly Follies (Penny Black); Contempo Christmas
Cardstock:  Gumball Green; Whisper White
Ink:  Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories:  Copic Markers; Soft Sky marker (for the snow)

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a fun image!

JoAnn said...

Yes, I agree, the image is cute. Love your sweet card.

Darnell said...

Oh, Karren, your Chrismouse is so adorable!! (I read that MM poster to say "critter" and not animal, isn't that funny?! I guess the eyes are failing, too!) Your sweet card is CASlicious and I love it! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love this little mouse hanging from the lamp post. Adorable card! I LOVE gumball green and think it's one of my favorite SU! greens (besides Old Olive, of course!). Loll xx

Bonnie said...

This mouse is too cute to be considered a rodent, Karren! So perfectly CAS! Love it!

Wendy said...

Such an adorable card, Karren! I love how CAS this is and that cute little mouse! Everything is colored perfectly, too! Happy Holidays! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this mouse image and your sweet CAS design. Perfect, Karren!!!

LeAnne said...

LOL, I agree...this little mouse IS too cute not to use, and it is certainly an animal! You've colored your image so well, too! As long as that mouse is on your card and not in my house, I love him!

Karen Davis said...

Your wee mouse looks totally filled with the spirit of the season, and he is SOOO adorable. I love him. Another fabulous card from you Karren.

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is adorable Karren, the little mouse is so cute.

Greta said...

Your coloring is fabulous on this adorable card!

Susan Joyce said...

Love your image Karren, lovely CAS design. One of my favourite cards for this challenge.