Friday 27 December 2013

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Well, now that Billy Idol is running through my head, a workmate is getting married on January 4.  I've blogged about her before here.  To cut a long story short, Anthea lost the use of her legs in a horse-riding accident about 7 years ago.  Last year, she represented New Zealand at the Paralympics as an equestrian.  She really is amazing and won't let her disability stop her from doing pretty much anything.  Here's a card I made to send her. I'm also entering this card into the Less is More challenge which is to choose a past challenge.  I chose Week 87  Love & Marriage.




This card is heavily influenced by the beautiful card made by Sandy Mathis for a recent Paper Players challenge.  I stamped the wedding dress from Love & Laughter in Versamark and white-embossed it before cutting it out.  I also white-embossed the sentiment from Border Banter.  The heart was stamped in Strawberry Slush then punched out using the owl punch.

The lattice die and window frame framelit look is not new as I've seen it around before and I really like the look.




This is a really simple but elegant card and I hope Anthea and Aaron like it.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:  

Stamps:  Love & Laughter, Border Banter
Ink:  Versamark, Strawberry Slush
Cardstock:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Lattice Die, Window Frames Framelit, Basic Pearls, Owl Punch

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really stunning Karren! I really love the lattice die behind the aperture...I hope you don't mind if I CASE that idea? ;)
Hope you had a lovely Christmas!
Lizy xx

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous WOW card, absolutely stunning.
Pauline
x

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous card for a special lady! I hadn't seen the lattice in the window before. I LOVE it. You'll probably be seeing it on one of my cards down the line. Thanks for the inspiration, Karren!

Stampingcountry said...

How Lovely! Your little red heart is the perfect accent

Scrappy Géri said...

Wow wow wow !!! :D

Karen Davis said...

Wow! What an amazing lady! Your wedding card is stunning Karren. The addition of the wee red heart is so perfect. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

stampwithsandy said...

This is lovely, Karren! That lattice is just perfect for a wedding card. Thanks for the shout out, too!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is simply stunning, Karren!!! WOW!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Simply GORGEOUS!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so ridiculously late in visiting your card for our Christmas challenge!
This is stunning!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"