Tuesday 10 December 2013

Scandinavian Mitten

It's Merry Monday time again and this week the challenge is to make a card using mittens.






I didn't think I had any mitten stamps and wasn't feeling up to making a shaped card, so I looked through my stamp inventory and actually found several stamps featuring mittens.  I chose to go with Scandinavian Season, which is NBUS (hangs head in shame as it retired a few years ago)



This is a very clean and simple card.  The mitten and the greeting are stamped in Midnight Muse and embossed in Clear EP.  There is a very fine Midnight Muse frame around the Whisper White and that is all layered onto a Whisper White card base.

I really like the simplicity and white space on this card.

Head on over to Lesley's blog to see what other mitten creations the DT have come up with.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Scandinavian Season; Christmas Greetings
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Midnight Muse
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Clear EP

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a pretty 'artsy' mitten! Your CAS design is stunning - focussing on this lovely stamp!

Wendy said...

What a great CAS card, Karren! I love your Scandinavian mitten and your colors! Perfect stamp for today's challenge! Happy Holidays! :)

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Karren....the design is so detailed that it works perfectly all by itself!

Kristie Goulet said...

That is a very cute mitten image. CAS perfection and great for mass producing.

Bonnie said...

I had this stamp set and when I saw this challenge, I was wishing I hadn't sold it! This is so perfectly CAS! Very elegant in it's simplicity!

Karen Davis said...

The Scandinavian mitten is a fabulous image Karren. It was a perfect choice to use it in this CAS style. Lovely :)

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable mitten image Karren, lovely CAS design.

Loll said...

Hi Karren. Your mitten stamp is gorgeous. I love the design - it is so elegant. Great CAS card that really shows off the beautiful image. Loll xx

Darnell said...

You have made the most unique and striking card, Karren! I love the simplicity! Hugs, Darnell

Lesley said...

CAS perfection!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, I love the Scandinavian mitten.