Tuesday 25 February 2014

White Christmas

Hi and welcome to another Merry Monday challenge.  This week's challenge is a very trendy color challenge - aqua, silver and white.



And here's my card:



I've admired this gorgeous Penny Black image for months and he finally came to live with me about a month ago.  This is his first outing.

I silver-embossed the snowman image onto Whisper White cardstock, then lightly outlined the snowbanks and snowman with copic markers.  I then laid down some Dazzling Details glitter over the color on the snowbanks.  I stamped the sentiment right into the image.  The image panel is popped up on dimensionals.




The layout is very simple to allow the main image to shine - some die cut and paper-pierced Coastal Cabana cardstock with a very thin layer of silver cardstock underneath.  To finish off the card, I used some silver taffeta ribbon.

Thanks for looking.  Check out the rest of the DT cards and have a go with this trendy color combo.

Products used:

Stamps:  White Christmas (Penny Black)
Ink:  Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Silver, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Silver EP, Essentials Paper Piercing Kit, Silver Taffeta Ribbon, Large Scallops Edgelits

Cheers
Karren

16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

wonderful snowy glitter on your cute little scene!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the cute scene you have created here, Karren. Very pretty with the glitter! Have a great week! ♥

Darnell said...

What a sweet, sweet scene, Karren! I totally adore what you've designed!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Too bad we don't live next door! You could use my Lil Inker and I could use this snowman! What a great card, Karren!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card Karren, I love this little scene you have created.

Linda said...

I heart this card!

Lesley said...

What a sweet little snowman and scene!

Lori Turner said...

Awwww...look at him - he's so stinkin' cute!!! Love this little scene :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a darling snowman and I love the touches of glitter -- so pretty!

Katie Melhus said...

Loving this card Karren. That scene is so cute with the touches of glitter and that little snowman looking up at the star is precious!

Wendy said...

This is so cute, Karren! Love this sweet snowman image and the sentiment is just perfect! So glad he came to live with you! :)

LeAnne said...

I am so glad this little guy came home with you, because he's really cute! I love your CAS card....just enough color and sparkle to make me happy!

Karen Davis said...

Such a sweet image, he always looks a little forlorn to me. I love the embossed and glittered edges. A lovely CAS card.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Such an adorable snowman. Looks like he's wishing upon a star. Love the glittered snow!

Greta said...

I love that image, too & you've used it perfectly! Love this sweet card!

Susan Joyce said...

Adorable, sweet image and lovely CAS design.