Saturday 1 March 2014

The Dust of Everyday Life

After a bit of a stressful week, I made it into my craft room today to make a couple of cards.  This card uses the fab colors from Color Throwdown and the cue word "Paint" from CASology.  I'm also linking this up to Stampin' Royalty as it's a CAS card.



"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"  I love this saying.  This stamp is very old and made by Hampton Art Stamps.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Whisper White and then over-stamped the paint splatter images from Grunge Me in both Tangerine Tango and So Saffron.  I layered that panel onto a piece of Tangerine Tango after rounding the top left corner.



The inside mimics the front:



Thanks for looking.




Products used:

Stamps:  Art Soul (Hampton Art Stamps), Grunge Me (PTI)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Tangerine Tango
Accessories:  Corner Chomper

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Color Throwdown.

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love! Wish I could do this!

Joyce said...

Fabulous. I completely forgot about those paint splash images from Grunge Me. Super take on paint. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous CAS design! Love the colored splatters behind that fabulous sentiment! So happy to have you playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Joni Andaya said...

Ooh...Love the splatters!!! So Pretty :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the way you used the colors. So retro. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous design, love your splatters. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Karren, you are so right! That sentiment is for me this week. I also had a rough week...and came out of it with a little sparkly creating of my own. I love your card...and hope you come out the other side with a bit less dust, and feeling much better! Hugs!

Jen W. said...

A brilliant sentiment and I love the splatters! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Vickie Z said...

Oh, I love an artsy card!! This is so fun!! The sentiment is perfect with the splatters!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

Bonnie said...

Very artsy and what a wonderful sentiment!

Scrappy Géri said...

Love that card it is fabulous :)