Thursday 14 August 2014

Starry Birthday

Welcome back to another Freshly Made Sketch Challenge!  This week, the very talented and lovely Rita Wright is our challenge hostess.





For my card, I went with a stenciled look.


There's a bit of NBUS in this card - the Simon Says Stamp Fog ink is a beautiful, soft shade of gray and blends beautifully!  I very carefully sponged it over a new stencil after masking off an area on the card base.  I then sponged onto a panel of Whisper White before layering that onto so Fog cardstock.  

For the die-cut sentiment, I used a DTP technique with a new-to-me Archival inkpak called Viridian, which is a beautiful minty-green color.  After die-cutting I clear-embossed the sentiment for more dimension.  I layered several black die-cuts under the Viridian layer to give a raised look.  The stamped sentiment is from a Winnie & Walter set.  Big white enamel dots on a couple of die-cut stars finished off the card.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the gorgeousness presented by the rest of the design team and I hope you find the time to give this sketch a go yourself.

Products used:

Stamps:  The Big, the Bold and the Happy (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  Fog (SSS), Viridian (Archival), Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Fog 
Accessories:  Lil Inkers Stitched Stars, Enamel Dots, Happy die (Clearly Besotted), Mini Numbers Collage Stencil (Crafters Workshop), clear EP

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Chanray said...

love your stunning card!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that soft gray! This is wonderful! The stenciling is perfect and the green sentiment with the black behind it is tres chic!

Amy O said...

You are definitely the queen of cool and beautiful techniques. I'm sure I've said this before, but I really wish I could come stamp with you for a few days. I'm sure it would change my stamping life! Plus, you just seem like you'd be fun to hang out with. :) I love the look of the gray against the white on this card, with just a touch of pretty color. Another beautiful card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

I've been looking for the perfect gray to replace SU's retired going gray. Is this the one? I love the stenciled background and your new minty ink with it's fancy name, but I'm stuck on what the heck a DTP technique is. You'll have to help me out!

Christine Blain said...

Wowsers! This is stunning!! LOVE the softness of the grey, and the pop of colour, along with all the fab-o techniques you've employed with your new stuff, Karren! Great card. x

Jen Brum said...

Oh! This is so fun! I love it! Love the colours and how well the happy stands out! Such a clean card! I'm drooling!

Narelle Farrugia said...

The stencilling is amazing as is the raised sentiment - love how you layered them to create height. You're the cleverest technique person I know!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Karren, I love these colours together.

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a cool card, Karren. I love how the sentiment and stars really pop! I agree with Narelle, you really shine when it comes to techniques and creating "WOW!" cards!

Kim S said...

Great use of the stencil! Such a fun backdrop for the "happy"!!