Sunday 21 September 2014

Framed Flower

Here's a card I made yesterday, specifically with the following challenges in mind:  Friday Mashup to use vellum and/or stitching; the colors from Color Throwdown, the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and the get well challenge at Catered Crop (my first time playing there).

Phew!

So here's my card:



If you want a laugh, check out the bottom left of the sentiment strip - see the pencil mark that I forgot to erase before taking the photo?  Doh!

Anyway, onto the card.  I white embossed the flower image onto vellum and colored from the back using Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding ink refills and a paintbrush.  The frames were cut from a SSS frame die cut set and the bottom right corner of the rectangular frame was completely cut away so that only the curved frame showed.

The sentiment was stamped in black Stazon and then stitched onto the card base using my sewing machine.  I just had to buy a new sewing machine because my old Janome up and died.  I bought that baby back in the late 80's, so I can't complain.  



Thanks for visiting.






Products used:

Stamps:  Fresh Flowers (Clearly Besotted), Sweet Little Sentiments (CB)
Ink:  Versamark, Black Stazon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Vellum
Accessories:  White EP, Frames Dies (SSS), sewing machine, enamel dots

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout-out at Friday Mashup.

14 comments:

Lesley said...

Um! WOWZA! This is so incredibly beautiful, Karren! Love your gorgeous, embossed bloom and the way you used the vellum! Amazing! Thanks for joining us at Case this Sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just beautiful! Your flower is just stunning and I love the stitching detail as well as stamping on the vellum. I'm struggling to see a pencil mark - wouldn't think anything of it if you didn't mention it!

LeAnne said...

I can't see the pencil mark either...all I see is an amazing creation! It's beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my.......absolutely gorgeous!

laurie said...

Beautiful card..and I don;t see a mark either!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the challenges!! Love that flower!! Thxs for playing at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to rock all of the challenges! Great CAS design! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown again!

Susan Powell said...

this is beautiful - even with the pencil mark that I can't see - :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Joan Ervin said...

I just love how you embossed the flowers on the vellum....this is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Lisa said...

So soft and pretty Karren, lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Karren, way to incorporate all the challenges so beautifully and creatively! So very pretty and sure to cheer! Thanks for mashing it up this week at the Friday Mashup!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Karren, this is so pretty! Looks like you did plenty of fussy cutting, but it's worth it. :) Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I love that vellum technique. So soft and pretty. Such a lovely card!