Thursday 6 November 2014

Flowers for You

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  Our hostess this week is the talented and funny Linda Callahan and she has come up with a classic sketch for us.


For my card, I used a Copic colored piece I had used for practice.  I'd had it sitting around for a few weeks not sure how to use it when along came this sketch which is perfect!


This young lady is a digi from Saturated Canary and I colored her up in warm and cool grays, along with a touch of pink.  I layered the image onto some Fog cardstock then onto a Basic Gray card base.  The die cut sentiment was cut once from Pink Pirouette and once from Basic Gray and layered slightly off-center.  I made a rolled rose and added a couple of little die cut leaves and the card was done.

Sorry, Linda, but I didn't put the ribbon/twine element on the card - I thought it would look a bit weird cutting through the middle of her head, so I left it out.


Thanks for visiting.  I hope you have time to check out the rest of the design team cards - they are gorgeous and varied as always.

Products used:

Stamps:  Digi from Saturated Canary
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, X-pressit, Fog (SSS)
Accessories:  Copics, Thanks die (Clearly Besotted), Mini Rolled Rose die (MFT), Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Dies).

Cheers
Karren

17 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

You have got some serious coloring skills ! That little girl is so sweet!

Bonnie said...

Great coloring, Karren! Glad you didn't put twine through her head!

Cindy Lovell said...

Karren,your coloring is WOW...just WOW!! I am usualy not a big fan of these kind of images,but i am in love with this one!!! I think it's more your amazing coloring though!! The grey and pink look SO great here!!

Linda Callahan said...

You are an "artiste" my friend! Love the added pink with your colors - softens everything perfectly! She is beautifully colored and rocks those boots thanks to your skills! And yep the twine would have been weird....

Greta said...

Oh what a sweet card, Karren! Your coloring is beautiful--love the color combo!

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Karren! Your coloring is AMAZING!!

Jen Mitchell said...

I certainly wouldn't call this a practice piece because it is knock-my-socks off gorgeous! Not only is this image beautiful but your sweet little flower and the way you layered the sentiment just adds the perfect finishing touches to this!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! Love that sweet image and the amazing colouring! You're rocking those Copics! That little flower is such a sweet addition! So cute!

Amy O said...

Holy moly, Karren! You do amazing things with those Copics! And that little flower is so sweet!

Norma said...

Oh my goodness such a cute cute card and image!!! TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Katie Melhus said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Ellen said...

Woooow! That' an amazing card! Such a sweet girl. And it's fantastic how you coloured the card! Wow, wow, wow!!!
Have a nice evening! Ellen

Laurie Unger said...

Oh my goodness! wonderful coloring.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What fabulous colouring!! Thank you for the inspiration over at FMS too! Hazel xx

Marika said...

Such a sweet card and wonderful colouring!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Look at you and your colouring - is there nothing you can't do? She's just a sweetie!

Cindy Hall said...

I love this image and I am amazed that this was 'practice coloring'! Your talent makes me drool!