Saturday 24 October 2015

Winter Snowflakes

Hi!  Today is the start of a three-day weekend for us here in New Zealand, so after doing a bit of housework and a bit of shopping, I got into my craft room to produce a few cards.  This card was made for the current challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch, as well as the Baby, it's Cold Outside theme at Simply Create Too.


Lately my cards haven't been turning out as I envisage in my head and it's frustrating!  With this card, I originally white embossed the snowflakes onto the card base and sponged some SSS ink up the panel, tapering off on a diagonal.  However, I quickly learned that SSS inks do not wipe off white embossing!  So I had to create another panel and use distress ink, which does wipe off.  Lesson learned!

The die-cut was cut from Audrey Blue cardstock and double-embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a raised and shiny finish.  I then adhered two strips of washi tape to mimic the sketch.


Thanks for visiting.

Products used:  In the Meadow (PTI)
Ink:  Peacock Feathers, Versamark
Cardstock:  White
Accessories:  Clear EP, White EP, Wintertime Wishes die (Penny Black), Washi Tape

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Greta said...

Well, Karren, you sure ended up with a beautiful card! Love the design & colors!

Lyndal said...

Fabulous card Karren!

Brandi said...

Beautiful! Great Color!

Becca Cruger said...

Cards in my head NEVER turn out like the cards on paper. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I'd say this one is super lovely! The diagonal design is graphic and perfect!

Kim S said...

LOVE your use of this die on the diagonal with the bits of washi!

Kim Heggins said...

this is so sweet...just love it. thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

Hannelie said...

That sentiment deserves to be the star of the show! Beautiful card Karren!
Thanks for joining us at CASe this sketch this week!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love these colors!!