Thursday 26 May 2016

Sweet Birthday

It's Fusion Challenge Time and this week we have an elegant photo inspiration and a very versatile sketch.


I sort of fused both challenges to come up with a card that uses the colors and cake theme from the photo as well as the sketch:


This is a NBUS set for me and I had fun coloring up this cutie.  I also have some new Watercolor Wash patterned paper from MFT and it provides a beautiful subtle watercolored look that doesn't detract from the main image.  I used that for the horizontal panel, which I cut into two to mimic the sketch.


Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team.  They have some wonderful cards to show you.




Products used:

Stamps:  Sweet Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Black, X-Press It, Watercolor Wash (MFT)
Dies:  Sweet Birthday Wishes (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh! how sweet is this little cupcake holding girl! Gorgeous coloring on her Karren - a beautiful Fusion Card!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh! how sweet is this little cupcake holding girl! Gorgeous coloring on her Karren - a beautiful Fusion Card!

Rosemary said...

so very sweet, karren!! your coloring is absolute perfection!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh so SWEET! Wonderful coloring, SWEET image and so lovely!!!! Karren, LOVE this!

Lyn said...

I love this card and your colouring is beautiful <3

I Card Everyone said...

I definitely need to buy some brown Copics, Karren, your chocolate cupcake is divine! You're converting me to a blue lover with this little darling! xx
=]

Hetty said...

OMG what a totally sweet card!

Hetty said...

OMG what a totally sweet card!

Jen Mitchell said...

How perfectly sweet this is! You've colored that little girl perfectly and I love how she's carrying that giant cupcake!

Karen Davis said...

Very sweet and beautifully coloured.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card, Karren!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so pretty, I love that you went with cute on this, it really stands out. She looks so pretty in blue!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is so pretty, I love that you went with cute on this, it really stands out. She looks so pretty in blue!

SonjaK said...

Such a sweet card! Already saw it over at Fusion and Instagram and loved it instanly. Perfect fusion! :o)

Jeanne J. said...

Eeek! Adorable and your coloring is out of this world! Heading over for lessons!