Sunday 11 December 2016

Happy New Year

Hi!  I'm thrilled to be Guest Designer over at CAS On Sunday where the theme for this challenge is Happy New Year!  I don't have any stamps specific to New Year (I know, right!) so I had to mix and match what I did have to come up with this card:



I have a new, replacement Mini Minc machine after my last one died in a smoky mess, so I foiled the die-cut word "happy" with silver foil and set it to one side.  I white embossed the words "new" and "year onto a strip of Audrey Blue cardstock and die-cut one end with the same scallop die I used for the white layer.  Onto that scalloped white layer, I spritzed some gold Color Shine.


I assembled the card, hooking the blue strip through the loop on the "y" and then placed some sequins and Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Thanks for visiting.  And thanks to Janneke and the team at CAS on Sunday for choosing my card in their "Pets" challenge that lead to this GD spot.

Products used:

Stamps:  The Big, the Bold & the Happy (Winnie & Walter)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Audrey Blue (SSS), Silver Foil, Toner Paper
Dies:  Happy Script (Mama Elephant), Scalloped Rectangles (Couture Creations)
Accessories:  Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine, sequins, Stickles

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

Nancy Soetaert said...

love your card! Great work!
nancy

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your little happy message tucked into the happy, Karren! Darling, and certainly makes me want to celebrate... quite honestly, I'm ready to put 2016 behind me - how about you? Come for a glass of bubbly!?
=]

Rosemary said...

perfect clean and simple design, karren!!

Leigh Penner said...

Pretty and fun!

Karen Davis said...

Absolutely stunning Karren. Just adore your sentiment design. Congrats on your guest designer spot :)

Janneke said...

I love your card Karren ;)
Thank you for joining us as GDT at CAS on Sunday

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous CAS card! You haven't the appropriate stamp? No matter, I'm pretty sure there isn't a card making problem you can't solve! You always find out a clever way to achieve a faboulus card!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved Guest Designer spot! Fabulous take on the challenge, Karren! I love how you paired your sentiments to create your title, and your splatters are AMAZING! Beautiful card!!!