Friday 2 December 2016

Wreath for Christmas

Hi and welcome to another fabulous challenge at Just Add Ink.  This week we have a sketch designed by Narelle and it's a keeper, for sure ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In my vain attempt to get my Christmas cards made in time to post, I've used the sketch to add to the pile.


This is more NBUS and was stamped using various inks to add interest.  What is hard to see in the photo, is that I stamped the single berry several times in silver Delicata ink which gives a lovely shimmer the camera didn't pick up.  I stamped the sentiment across the wreath then the rest of the sentiment was stamped onto a strip of Green Apple cardstock that I run through a Blueprints die and also lightly sponged the edges of.  I did the same with the red layer underneath.  



Thanks for visiting!  The rest of the Design Team have created some gorgeous cards with the sketch so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Layered Wreath (Clearly Besotted)
Ink: Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Green Leaf, Willow, Beanstalk Green, Dark Chocolate, Lipstick Red (SSS), Silver Delicata
Cardstock: White, Green Apple, Lipstick Red
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Stax, Blueprints 21 (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

14 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Gorgeous wreath! The layering of the greens is so pretty.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely take on the sketch, karren... love the pretty wreath!

Christine Blain said...

This is just glorious, Karren! I'm loving those blueprint dies; awesome shapes, and love the stitched detail. I can see the silver shimmer in the berries ... all of your stamping is just stunning.

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf...love the fresh, clean look of it!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully stamped! Love this sweet wreath!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm in love with the colors you've used, Karren - these are the greyed-down hues I love so much! Gorgeous design, loveliest card!
=]

KimB said...

I love al the different tones in your wreath Karren. They add so much depth and that very important Christmas glimmer. x

Jen Mitchell said...

Pretty wreath. And I can definitely picture the sparkly berries! Love how you stamped the bold sentiment across the wreath.

Karen Davis said...

I love the green and red strips staggered with the wreath panel in between, so effective. The wreath is so beautifully stamped.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your wreath is stunning and really pops off the white on white card stock!

Patrice said...

This is the sweetest wreath I've seen. Love the scripty 'Christmas' on the angle too. Great card to add to your collection. xx

Jan said...

Such a gorgeous wreath, Karren! I love the layers of colour and level of detail they add and the clean and modern look of the die cut panels too. xo

ColourmehappyDi said...

The wreath is so luscious, vibrant & modern, & really pops off the white layers. Great addition to your Christmas stash, Karren.
Di :)

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS wreath, Karren! I love how you stamped all of the images, especially that you chose Silver Delicata for the single berries! I also love your choice for the sentiment, and how you cleverly placed the red banner behind your focal panel...so elegant!