Friday 30 June 2017

A is for ...

Hi!  It's time for another challenge at Just Add Ink and this week our challenge is to Just Add 'A'.  I went a rather obvious route with 'apples', but I also threw in some 'angled' panels as well to keep it interesting.



I colored up this Power Poppy image during the last Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge and set it aside to use someday.  When I put together this card, I did some out of the box die-cutting with a stitched rectangle die and also used lots of patterned paper.  The notebook die is from SugarPea Designs and the stitched dies are from MFT.  The image is Copic colored, although I don't have a photo of the markers I used as it was so long ago.



I finished the card with some clear droplets.  Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to head on over to the Just Add Ink blog to see how the rest of the team added 'A' to their cards.


Image may contain: text

I'm linking this card up to the Sweet Stampin' Lots of Layers challenge, as this card is a departure from my usual CAS style :)

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog


Products used:

Stamps:  Farmers Market, Tea in the Garden (Power Poppy)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Salvage District (Prima Marketing)
Dies;  Blueprints 24, Inside/Out Stitched Rectangles (MFT), Notebook Journal Card (SPD)
Accessories:  Copics, Clear Droplets

Cheers
Karren

12 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card, love how you used the chalkboard style paper, a very classy card x

Cass said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

KimB said...

This is deliciously vintage flavoured rustic Karren! Love the bright red pop of the apples and the colouring is fabulous! x

Kelly Kent said...

Gorgeous, as always Karren! In awe of your beautiful colouring, though I think it's all the layers (angles and all!) that makes this card so special! Kelly x

Jan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karen! Your apples are so beautifully coloured as always and I love how you've partially die cut them and the fun touch of your angled panels too. Xx

Rochelle Blok said...

Just gorgeous Karren!!! Your apples are stunning! The depth of colour in them is amazing! Love the addition of the angled panels. Rochelle xo

Jen Timko said...

I gasped out loud when I saw this! Holy smokes this is fabulous!

Cara said...

Back with my DT had on, still loving this! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Karen Davis said...

Those apples are amazing Karren! I love how they spill out over the black background.

Barb Ghig said...

Another really stunning card, Karren! I love how you layered your patterned papers and your Copic coloring is absolutely amazing! Great idea to use your Clear Droplets on this card, too...they're perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Well now you aren't fooling around with this card! Oh so classy and oh so amazingly colored!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love it! I was sure that in your stash of stamp sets you'd come up with the most amazing A card - and you did! Totally nailed with this fab card!