Monday 5 June 2017

Beach Scene

Hi and welcome!  I made today's card using the sketch at MFT.  As well I'm linking up to AAA Cards birthday bash and the window theme at Inkspirational.  When I first saw the sketch, I was stumped, but after letting it percolate in my brain for a few days, I had the idea to use the rectangular panel as a window, which fit in perfectly with the Inkspirational challenge.


I created a beach scene using distress inks and white gel pen on a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and set it aside.  I then took an inside/out stitched rectangle die and did some partial die-cutting on a white card base.  I laid the die onto the card base and positioned the top plate half way down the die and cut it.  Then I moved the die up so it wasn't as tall, and positioned the plate on the bottom half and cut it.  The beach scene was then adhered behind the opening.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink.

Then I went to work on the images.  The penguin and ball were already pre-stamped and colored from another project.  Originally I was only going to use the palm tree and bunny but I liked the look of the penguin and bunny together so used them both.



The copics in the photo below do not include those used on the penguin and ball.  I don't have a record of those colors.


Thanks for visiting!

Sketch Challenge 335 #mftstamps



Products used:

Stamps:  Penguins in Paradise, Beach Bunnies (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth, X-Press It
Dies:  Penguins in Paradise, Beach Bunnies, Inside/Out Stitched Rectangles
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen, White Gel Pen

Cheers
Karren

8 comments:

Cara said...

Fabulous card, I'm always a sucker for anything with a cute bunny on it! Those shorts on the penguin are cute beyond belief!

Jane said...

Brilliant and beautiful colouring, I'm always in awe of folks that can shade so well. Love the holiday scene too. Thanks for playing along with AAA Cards 3rd birthday celebrations.

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...super adorable...love how the tree extends outside the stitched border and your colouring is just amazing.
smiling!
xx Karen

I Card Everyone said...

It isn't QUITE what I see out of my window, but a girl can dream! Just LOve this sweet little beach-y scene!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

You sure know how to combine challenges, my friend! I love how you paired the penguin and bunny, and your beach scene is perfect! Beautiful Copic coloring as always, too...Love this card!

Linda Callahan said...

I sort of look like that penguin when I am on the beach......round and eating ice cream! Adorable card!

Nonni said...

Your coloring is perfect and I love the little scene you put together. The window design works great for a scene like this, I have to remember this! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Ceal said...

So adorable and fabulous coloring! Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at AAA Cards!