Sunday 25 June 2017

Caffeinated Mermaid

Hi and welcome!  So the other day I had a post featuring a caffeinated chicken.  Well, today I have a caffeinated mermaid and this time I am on time for the Coffee Lovers' Bloghop (I was a day early with my chicken card - darned time zones)!  I used the sketch from MFT Stamps and the colors from Color Throwdown for my card.  I'm also going to link up to the Make Your Mark challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More and wish them a happy 5th birthday!


I'll start by saying that I wasn't going to get this Mermazing set, but then every release I tell myself I'm not going to get the Birdie Brown sets and my resolve lasts maybe a month and then they're in my cart and on their way to my house!  I paired up this adorable mermaid with an iced coffee from Essentials by Ellen set.  I thought this particular mermaid looks like she might be bending over a big cup of caffeine so that's how I built my card.

The background is sponged through an oval mask directly onto the Tropical Teal card base.  The frame is a panel sponged with Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio then spritzed with a Perfect Pearls mist.  I had to do some fairly major surgery on the sentiment to get it to fit.  I cut off the word "love" and added a die-cut word "coffee" cut from black cardstock.  I also had to cut off the "Sending You" and stamp that separately so I could centre it properly.

The mermaid and coffee are popped up on foam tape and I finished with some clear droplets to represent bubbles.  The coffee, straw, mermaid tail, top and the starfish are all painted with clear sparkle pen for some shimmer.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Sketch 338 #mftstamps



18622230_10213446220340512_5157922663339630764_n

Products used:

Stamps:  Mermazing (MFT), Oh Frappe (Essentials by Ellen)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Versamark, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers
Cardstock:  Tropical Teal (MFT), Black, Bristol Smooth, X-Press It
Dies:  Mermazing, Oh Frappe, Pierced Rectangle Frames, Coffee Cuip (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Spakle Pen, White EP, Perfect Pearls Mist, Clear Droplets

Cheers
Karren



18 comments:

Karen Day said...

So it's pretty funny that you and I live half a world apart, yet we're posting at the exact same time, and I'm using your sketch from another challenge :o) I love your Caffeinated Mermaid!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Karen, this is so adorable!

~amy~ said...

THIS is sooooooooooo adorable!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous interpretation of the theme with the cute mermaid as the summer element and the cup!

Becca Yahrling said...

She's so pretty! Awesome card.

Hetty said...

Such a sweet and adorable scene you created on your card.
Have a latte day!

Cara said...

Love the idea of a mermaid having a frappe! Fabulous card x

Shelly said...

So super cute!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my goodness...this card is absolutely adorable, Karren! Beautiful Copic coloring and charming scene...Love it to pieces!!!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!
love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute card with the mermaid and the coffee cup.

Corr InkWell Journal said...

Great marriage of challenges! Admiring your coloring, and the way you arranged your post - a lot to manage with 2 teens in the house! You go, woman!

Cynthia Cole said...

Cute coffee drinking mermaid card!

Lisa said...

Adorable! Great design... love that sentiment and the stenciling in the background was the perfect touch!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Adorable design! Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

Waving My Wand said...

This is so cute! I had to pop in from the CLC hop to say so!

Helen F. said...

Your little mermaid is just darling!

Karen Davis said...

Ha ha, I love this card. Coffee makes the world OK!! The mermaid is so sweet.