Wednesday 21 June 2017

Silver Snow

Hi and welcome!  This week it's my turn to be host at Freshly Made Sketches and I tried to come up with something a bit different from my usual CAS style.  The card I made has lots of glitter, so I'm linking it up as my final card for MFT's Camp Create - Glitzy Glitter.



As you will see, I didn't exactly get my own sketch right on my card, but the idea is there!


To make this card, I die-cut a panel of silver glitter paper with a stitched circle die.  I then placed the snowflake dies on and off the glitter panel and die-cut them - leaving the negative space.  Each of the snowflakes was then die-cut out of white cardstock using various inks and then I added Dazzling Diamonds to them.  What a mess that made!  Glitter everywhere - reminding me why I never work with glitter :)





The glitter panel is raised up on foam tape.  To finish the card, I used silver embossing powder for my sentiment and some Nuvo Crystal Drops to match the ink colors.



Thanks so much for visiting and I'm so glad to have earned all the badges from this session of Camp Create!  Be sure to head on over to check out the rest of the DT cards - you'll see a great variety and some wonderful interpretations of our sketch.



Products used:

Stamps:  Simply Snowflakes, Hand Lettered Holiday (MFT)
Ink:  Blue Breeze, Cornflower, Sour Apple, Tropical Teal (MFT), Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Silver Sparkle (MFT)
Dies:  Simply Snowflakes, Stitched Basic Edges (MFT)
Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds (SU), Silver EP (Ranger), Nuvo Crystal Drops

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Now wouldn't it be lovely if snow really was glittery - though it would make it harder to shovel...
gorgeous card, Karren!
=]

Cara said...

Wow, so much sparkle! This is so pretty. The inaccurate curve is definitely the fault of the hot weather, nothing at all to do with you!

Amy O said...

All of that beautiful sparkle is perfect for those pretty snowflakes. Love the card and the sketch, Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous sketch, Karren! I love how you placed the snowflakes inside the glittery paper and your color palette is gorgeous! Can't wait to play along :)

Jen Brum said...

Such a beautiful card Karren! I love all that glimmer! The snowflakes are fabulous! Thanks for such a great sketch this week!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, the glitter may have been messy but the result was totally worth it! I love how sparkly and festive this is!

Linda Callahan said...

Full of glittery goodness! This is gorgeous! Beautiful card for the holidays! And leave it to you to throw us a curve! Just kidding - great sketch!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Squeeeee! I adore your reversal! Awesome place to use glitter paper, too! (Like there is ever a bad place, lol!)

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Forgot to say I LOVE the sketch! Thanks, Karren! :)

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Karren,

LOVE your shimmery sparkly card - refreshing on the eyes as the summer heat hits. I love this sketch, honestly I've just gotten back into a few cards and I was immediately inspired.