Saturday 17 June 2017

Watercolored Poppy

Welcome!  I'm trying to complete all the challenges at Camp Create, so I'll apologise in advance because there are going to be a few posts from me over the next couple of days :)

This card is for the first day - Wonderful Watercolor.


Watercolor is not my forte, so I did as little actual watercoloring as possible, instead creating a smooshed background, with a small watercolored image.

I smooshed some Broken China Distress Ink onto a panel of white cardstock and set it aside to dry.  I then "tried" to watercolor a poppy and leaves.  Once the smooshed panel was dry, I stamped the sentiment and added some craft foam behind it before adhering it to a white card base.  The poppy and leaves were added last and I very carefully added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to the centre of the poppy, but a tiny little bit escaped and made the black ink run :(



I'm also adding this card to Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge and their Watercolour Challenge.




Products used:

Stamps:  Delicate Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid (MFT), Broken China Distress Ink
Cardtock:  White, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Delicate Pretty Poppies (MFT)
Accessories:  Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pens, Zigs

Cheers
Karren

7 comments:

Cara said...

I love your smooshed background, the perfect shade of blue x

Karen Davis said...

I love the watercolour smooshing :) The contrast of the soft background with the crisp flower is so perfect. Happy creating!!

Jen Timko said...

Insanely fabulous!

sandie said...

well I think you did a great job with the water colouring. I love how subtle the blue is and then the explosion of the red of the flower-I always like contrast like this and so pleased toy joined us at HLS

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty card, I love the smooshed background. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

Barb Ghig said...

Your smooshed background is perfect with this stunning red poppy, Karren! I love that you created a CAS design, too...it's so pretty and sure to make your recipient feel better!

Linda said...

This looks so pretty ... love the smooshed background. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx