Wednesday 7 June 2017

Weird Llama



Welcome to Freshly Made Sketch day!  This week Jen Brum is our hostess and she has a wonderful sketch for us.

Once again, as soon as I saw the sketch, I envisaged my card with the two grey panels as a cover plate with a sentiment strip through them.  And, of course, I couldn't get that image out of my head so I had to go with it.  For the circular element, I used a fun NBUS set called Llama Tell You.



That llama just cracks me up.  I'm not sure who I would give this card to, I mean, there are so many worthy people in my life 😏  I had fun coloring this cute image and once I was finished, I fussy cut him out and then added Glossy Accents to his eyes before setting him aside to dry.  The rest of the card is fairly self-explanatory.  The cover plate is by Neat & Tangled and I used a Desert Storm card base as a change from my usual white.  Here's a close up of that llama:






Thanks so much for visiting!  The design team have put up some gorgeous cards as usual, so I hope you'll have time to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Llama Tell You (Gerda Steiner Designs)
Ink:  Versamark, Intense Black
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, White, Black, X-Press It
Dies:  Hexastar Cover Plate (Neat & Tangled)
Accessories:  Copics, White EP, Glossy Accents

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Karren, I so resemble that remark!! What a fabulous card for any of your weird friends!!!
=]

Stampingcountry said...

LOL! Funny! Terrific coloring too.

Cara said...

Fabulous card! This is beyond adorable x

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card, Karren! Your Llama might be weird but he sure is a cutie! Love your hexie background and fabulous Copic coloring, too!

Jen Brum said...

This card is totally hilarious! I just love it! I love that llama and that sentiment cracks me up! The background is fabulous too! So fun!

Amy O said...

I wish I had your vision when it comes to card making! I love the cover plate with the sketch, and that llama cracks me up. Such a cute card, Karren!

Lyn said...

Awesome card love love love that Llama

lostinpaper said...

Loving this gorgeous (but weird) fellow, would you believe I have this stamp and it's yet to see ink... seriously, I need more crafty time and less work time lol. Thanks for the reminder and for the inspiration!

Linda Callahan said...

That llama cracks me up too! Totally fun card!

Jen Mitchell said...

Haha! This crackes me up! You've got a treasure trove of these animal images and you use them in such fun ways!