Thursday 13 July 2017

Chews to Party

Hi! The weeks are going so fast, I can't believe it's time for another sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week, our fearless and talented co-leader, Jennifer Timko, is our sketch hostess.  Check out her fabulous sketch:

So, we have a square sketch (yay!) plus we have a big open space in the centre (yay!).

I decided to do a bit of coloring for my centre panel and came up with this card:


I colored up this fun Art Impressions goat that was in my NBUS box.  Once he was colored, I die-cut him with a stitched square die.  I also cut two glitter strips with stitched dies and stacked them under the main panel, using foam tape.  I added foam tape to the rest of the colored image and adhered it to a white square card base.


What you can't see in the photo is that I colored all the red ribbon, the confetti and the hat with Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to give it a bit of shimmer.  I also die-cut some tiny stars from the blue and silver glimmer paper and added them around the image.


Head on over to the challenge blog and see what the rest of the DT have done with the sketch.  You'll be sure to be amazed - I always am!

I'm linking this up to the Bling, Glitter or Glossy challenge at Art Impressions.


Products used:

Stamps:  Old Goats Set (Art Impressions)
Ink:  Intense Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  X-Press It, White, Cornflower, Silver Sparkle Cardstock (MFT)
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Square Dies (MFT), Blueprints 2, Blueprints 11 (MFT)
Accessories:  Copics, Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card and fabulous take on the sketch, Karren! Love your puny sentiment, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Who,wouldn't love such a party crasher? Your goat is a hoot.....and beautifulky colored! Love it!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Love your party goat! He is such a fun guy to send out.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Ha! This card is fabulous Karren! That goat is too funny and the sentiment even funnier! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

Perfect for an 'old goat!' Just such a fun card, Karren!!
=]

Cara said...

This is such a fun card with a perfectly coloured image x

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love that goat! Amazing colouring as always! Love those sparkly strips too! Such a fun card!!!

Jen Timko said...

See, I left that big open space just for you!!! What a fun card!

Chanray said...

So funny and colourful! What a great card!

Darnell said...

Bwahahaha! As an old goat, I love, love, love this one, Karren!! Hugs, Darnell