Saturday 24 March 2012

CCMC194 - The Open Sea

Another sketch with my favorite element - a circle!  Here is the sketch for this week's Create with Connie & Mary challenge.

 I already had the cardstock and stampset on my desk so decided to go with what I had, which made this card come together quickly.  Usually I spend more time deciding what colors, stamps, etc than I do actually making the card LOL.

Here is my card this week:


I started with a 4 1/4" square card base in Crumb Cake.  I stamped the ledger image down the left of the card base, then adhered some Island Indigo DSP.  For the main image, I stamped the ship from The Open Sea after coloring it with markers.  I placed a mask over the top and stamped the world image.

All the layers were sponged with Crumb Cake ink and the seam binding ribbon was gathered by pulling a center thread.  The brads came from the Neutrals collection.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!)

Stamps:  The Open Sea
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake; Very Vanilla; Island Indigo DSP
Ink:  Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Early Espresso and Island Indigo markers; sponge; circle scissor; Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon; Neutrals brads.

Edited to Add:  This card was one of Connie & Mary's top picks this week.  Thanks!

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

I like the blues you used with the Crumb Cake. Very nice looking masculine card. So glad you played with us at Create with Connie & Mary!

Kim S said...

It worked out well that these were on your desk! Gorgeous card!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this is just perfect! Love the simple color combination and the masking you did on the main image. Perfect take on the sketch...Thank you for joining us at CCMC!

Julie said...

I LOVE the soft colors with the boat and the scrunchy ribbon - very beautiful card.

Deb said...

I love how you took this sketch in a masculine direction! The colors are perfect! Love the clean look of your card, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Fantastic masculine card! Love the colors and the papers. Great ribbon accent! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Carrie Sampsel said...

I agree with Lisa that this is a fantastic masculine card!! I love the simple color combo and that ribbon treatment. Great card! I love it! Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Mary Brown said...

What a wonderful masculine card! I love the simple use of color on your main image! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Sue Noetzel said...

Love this card. Crumb cake and blue are so good for masculine cards!

Christine Blain said...

This is just THE best masculine stamp set, and I love the colours you've used, Karren. I wouldn't have thought to use Island Indigo with Crumb Cake, but it looks so good!