Wednesday 22 August 2012

Botanicals CAS

I again pulled out my favorite stamp set, Botanicals, for the challenges at The Paper Players and Friday Mashup.  I love all the images in this set, but this poppy image is my favorite and most-used.


In keeping with the Paper Players challenge, I paper-pieced the poppy and leaves.  The poppy using the polka dot DSP from the paper stacks and the leaves using the script DSP.  The stamp image is so detailed, it's quite hard to see the script unfortunately.

I used the same DSPs for the card layers, then finished off with three black brads.



Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):

Stamps:  Botanicals
Cardstock:  Basic Black; Always Artichoke; Regals DSP Stack; 2010-12 In Color DSP Stack
Ink:  Basic Black
Accessories:  Black brads; oval nestabilities

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as a Cut Above for the Paper Players challenge.

Cheers
Karren




3 comments:

LeAnne said...

This has always been one of my favorite images...how cool that you paper pieced it! Awesome! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Amy White said...

That red pieced poppy looks so elegant with the black and grey layers - so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just beautiful, Karren! I love how the pretty poppy just pops on the darker background. (that was kind of a tongue twister, lol!) I can see why that stamp set is a favorite...I love it! Thank you very much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)