Saturday 20 April 2013

Summer Muse

I'm pleased to say my long, long work week is over.  The bulk of the budgets for the 2013-14 year are done and now I have a week off work because my boys are off on school holidays.  Initially I didn't even feel like stamping today, but I made myself go into my craft room and I managed to churn out a couple of cards - one of which I even like LOL.

Here's the first card I made (and the one I like).


 When I first saw the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I wasn't sure how I was going to make the rectangle at the top work.  But then I decided to use the colors from Create with Connie & Mary and it all seemed to fall into place.  Initially, I had the white panel as a flag, but then I rounded the bottom corner using my 2 1/2" circle punch and it looked much better.

The flower was made using 5 scallop circles separated using the faux suede technique then topped off with a Summer Starfruit brad from the Pop Up Posies kit.  DSP from the Print Poetry stack provides a subtle background.




Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Afterthoughts
Cardstock:  Midnight Muse; Whisper White; Print Poetry DSP
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Accessories:  2 1/2" circle punch; 1 3/8" scallop circle punch; Pop Up Posies kit; Bird Punch; Basic Pearls

Edited to Add:  This card was a top pick at Create with Connie & Mary and a Perfect Princess card at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cheers
Karren

15 comments:

Jackie said...

This is a wonderful card!

Cindy Hall said...

This card is fabulous! I love the papers and colors. The flower is so pretty, and the way you did the sentiment banner is so clever and so perfect for this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I can see why you like this card -it is beautiful! I like how you rounded off the banner and added the flower for some dimension. Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! I do love that Midnight muse! Love, love, love that flower! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love how the generous amount of Midnight Muse lends such a richness and depth to your card. Your flower is gorgeous and love the way the sentiment is featured. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Fantastic card! I love your flower, just gorgeous! And I love that your rounded the corners on the white instead of having it as a flag, nice change up! Thanks so much for joining the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous card, Karren. I just love all the Midnight Muse! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful Karren! I like the way you placed your banner and the shape of it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! This is such a striking card - loving all that Midnight Muse! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week! :)
ps. I envy your week off - have fun!

Elizabeth Price said...

Karren your card is super gorgeous! I love the flower and how full it is. I am so glad you joined our color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

Deb said...

Stunning!!! Love the bold blue flower! And the striped dsp peeking out is a perfect layer! Love this! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...I LOVE this! I love that it is mostly the Midnight Muse with the pops of color from the other ones. Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Darnell said...

My goodness, Karren, I can only imagine the beautiful card you would have created if this is what happened when you went in to "churn out" a card!! It's stunning and you so deserved the Princess honor from FMS!!

Melissa Davies said...

The flower is beautiful and I love how you rounded the flag with the circle punch - Nice job! Thanks for joining us in the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you rounded the flag at the time...just made it that much more unique! GORGEOUS card. Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!