Wednesday 3 July 2013

#Merry

I ended up making two different cards, both using the same two challenges this month for Creative Crew.

I liked my first card enough to try again with another non-Christmas stamp set and this is what I came up with:



Here are the challenge details for both challenges:

CCREW0713CF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- Catalog Focus: Washi tape! I love the new washi tape on P171 of the catalog. Make a holiday card or gift that shows off washi tape!

CCREW0713HF, CreativeCrew, SUO or SUM -- Holiday Focus: Obviously, it's Christmas! Show your holiday creativity by making a Christmas card using non-Christmas stamps. Use the card sketch on P23 of Celebrando Creatividad.


I'm not as fussed with this one as the last one, but it's okay.  I used the photopolymer set Typeset Alphabet that someone very kindly sent me.  My teenage son was in the room while I was stamping the letters and suggested I go all modern and social-media-like and use a hashtag in front of the Merry LOL.  

Anyway, seeing as I did that, I thought that using the washi tape again would suit the look I was going for.  I had to search hard to find a "Christmas" stamp that wasn't too small - wish I could have found a bigger one, but the challenge was to use non-Christmas sets and to me that includes Christmas sentiment sets.

The apothecary accents framelits were used to create the little side pieces to match the sketch.

Thanks for looking.

Products used (all Stampin' Up!):

Stamps:  Typset Alphabet; Sweet Essentials
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Calypso Coral; Baked Brown Sugar
Ink:  Calypso Coral; Baked Brown Sugar; Basic Gray
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits; Basic Rhinestones; Epic Day Washi Tape; Calypso Coral Baker's Twine

Cheers
Karren

No comments: