Saturday 19 October 2013

Mum's the Word

It's been a long six days since I've last stamped!  I went back to work after my week off and it was hard going LOL.  But it's now the weekend and in between spring-cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry, I managed to make a card.



I got a lovely big Papertrey Ink order earlier this week and then today my mum, who has signed up with Close to My Heart after the demise of Creative Memories, delivered my first CTMH order.  So, being an equal opportunity stamper, I chose one set from PTI and one set from CTMH for this card :)

I used the colors from ColourQ and the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my card today.  The main panel is stamped using Mum's the Word set and Strawberry Slush; Pumpkin Pie and Lucky Limeade inks.  Over top of that, I stamped the doily from Love Doily in Illuminate ink.  I also stamped the doily onto the card base using Illuminate ink.  The panels were layered onto Lucky Limeade cardstock, cut 1/16" bigger to provide a tiny mat.  The word "thank you" is also from PTI and acts as the horizontal panel in the sketch.  

Instead of banners, I used a Strawberry Slush butterfly and a Pumpkin Pie heart.

Thanks for looking.

Products used:

Stamps:  Mum's the Word (PTI); Love Doily (CTMH)
Cardstock:  Whisper White; Lucky Limeade; Basic Black
Ink:  Strawberry Slush; Pumpkin Pie; Lucky Limeade; Illuminate
Accessories:  Thank You die (PTI); Hearts Sizzlet; Butterfly Sizzlet; Basic Pearls

Edited to Add:  This card received a Courtier Award at ColorQ.

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Lesley said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Karren!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful! I love the flowers and the sentiment!!

Jen Mitchell said...

The flowers and bold sentiment are so eye-catching! And I love the hint of doily on the card base! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Linda Beeson said...

I have those flower stamps so I love to see examples using them, nice!!

Linda Suarez said...

Great mix of stamps! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful flowers. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Chrysanthemums are wonderful and you did such a great job here - have to pull out my set now - you inspired me!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Karren, your flowers are beautiful, love the one in the background! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Do you ever make a card that I don't love? Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Bonnie said...

I love this layout and the gorgeous flowers!

Sarah said...

Lovely Thank You card, gorgeous image, perfect colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x