Saturday 19 July 2014

Geometric

Hi and welcome!  It's Saturday afternoon here and I've been playing in my craft room in between loads of laundry.  Now, normally I don't love cards I make - I always look at other people's cards and wonder why I didn't think of using the stamp that way or putting those colors together, etc.  I'm sure there are a few of you out there who can relate, right?

But, this card I totally love!  It may not be an original idea but I haven't seen it out in blogland.  


I used a new-to-me set and dies from Clearly Besotted called Geometric Style.  I was going to stamp the shapes using the stamp set but when I cut all the dies out at once, I liked the pattern left by the negative die cut so decided to go that route.  I sponged the color onto the shapes, shading more on the left hand side.  I layered the negative die cut piece onto a Basic Black card base then popped up the shapes on dimensionals so you can see a hint of black behind the shapes.



The sentiment is from the stamp set and I finished off with some thick hemp twine. 

Thanks for looking.  I'm entering this card into this week's ColourQ challenge and Seize the Birthday where the toppings option is twine.




Products used:

Stamps:  Geometric Style (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Hemptique black twine

Cheers
Karren

10 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

So. Totally. FABULOUS!

Patrice said...

This is a very cool card Karren. Love your sponging.

Yep I can totally relate. I often see cards and think "why didn't I do that", "looks so easy". Glad it's not just me lol.

Karen M said...

Karren, I can see why you're pleased with this card, and so you should be! It's wonderful! I LOVE everything about it, the shapes, the shading and the way you've popped them up and we can see the tiniest bit of black to make the shapes stand out. A real winner in my opinion! x

Jen Mitchell said...

I totally love this too! I really love how you can see little bits of black behind the shapes. Brilliant!

laurie said...

Awesome job sponging! Love that design,too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Not sure why you don't love all your cards Karren - I think they're all fabulous! You always use such cool techniques and fabulous effects - like this one - amazing!

Cindy Lovell said...

Fabulous Karren!!! WOW! I feel exactly the same way,when i look at other cards....i'm like,how come i didn't think of this! Like your card,i've only used this Set once of twice because i just can not think of "good" way to use them! But you...i just LOVE what you did with these dies,looks SO awesome!! AMAZING!!!

Amy White said...

What a fabulous card! Love the 3D effect you've given the shapes with your sponging - this would be perfect for a guy (and I'm always looking for ideas for them!). Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the shading and the hint of black behind the shapes. Thanks so much for playing along with Seize The Birthday!

Susie W. said...

Oh my goodness. SO clever! Love the shading and the dimension created by popping the shapes up on dots!
I'm so glad you joined us at Seize The Birthday. :)