Sunday 31 August 2014

Catch that Umbrella

Hi and welcome to my blog.  After a weekend of failed card attempts, I finally have something that I'm not embarrassed to post!  This card uses the colors from ColourQ, the sketch from Seize the Sketch and the animal theme from Friday Mashup.



I started out watercoloring the whole card after white embossing the images.  And what a yucky vision that was :)  So I watercolored the background then Copic-colored the fox and umbrella. Much better!  Unfortunately my little fox and my sentiment have manufacturing flaws and my fox looks like his tummy has been attacked by a vicious predator!  I cleaned him up as best I could before stamping him, but there are still some problems.  The sentiment has an extra dot under the "C" in "come".  

I had to use the best matches to the ColourQ colors I had, so my fox looks more orange than Cajun Craze, sorry!



Thanks for visiting.  I've just got a new laptop and after spending several days downloading programs, I'm now trying to get used to a new, very low profile, keyboard, so any typos are due to that (promise!).

I think this card is a message to me, more than anything!  I finished my job on Friday - I'd been with the company for 32 years and in that job for 19 years, so it was a big step.  I loved my job but it was restructured so I decided that was the universe's way of pushing me out of the nest.  I'll take a couple of months then hope to find another job.  Hopefully I'll be just as happy in my next job!





Products used:

Stamps:  Up and Away (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Whisper White, watercolor, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Watercolors, Copic Markers, Up and Away dies, Lil Inker Square dies

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at ColourQ.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Fab combo of challenges Karren - I love that ME stamp...so sweet. Wow - 32 years in the same job. What a massive change for you. Enjoy your time off!

Katie Melhus said...

This is super sweet Karen - I love that little guy and his umbrella! Thanks for joining us for the final challenge at Seize the Sketch!

Amy White said...

SO adorable!! This is bound to put a smile on anyone's face!! Thanks for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

Lisa said...

Adorable CAS card, that little fox is too cute!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup! Enjoy your time between jobs :)

Bonnie said...

An adorable card and a great message! Changes are always hard. Hopefully when you look back on it, you'll say it was the best thing to happen! Enjoy your break!