Tuesday 26 August 2014

Cowboy Wish

Today's card uses the sketch from Retro Sketches and the cowboy theme from Sweet Stampin' Challenge.  Check out this cowboy... :)



This is the cowboy from the very old Stampin' Up set called Wild, Wild West.  Isn't he a honey, LOL!  I colored him with copics then sponged some Antique Linen Distress ink over the crisp white Xpress-it cardstock to tone it down a bit.  For all that the cowboy is pretty cute, I think my favorite part of this card is the background!

I signed up to Creative Chemistry 101 and 102 at Online Card Classes and have been enjoying learning new techniques.  For this background, I sponged various distress inks onto a piece of Whisper White, then flicked water onto the panel.  Once I'd dried that, I inked up the text stamp from Papillon with Picket Fence Distress Stain then stamped over the panel.  Here's a look at the card before I adhered Mr Cowboy.  It could be a card all by itself!



The little tag is from Simon Says Stamp and has been sponged then stamped with a couple of little stars from the same Mama Elephant as the embossed sentiment.





Thanks for visiting.

Products used:  Wild, Wild West (SU), Papillon (Tim Holtz), Make a Wish (Mama Elephant)
Ink:  Various Distress Inks, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Xpress-it
Accessories:  Picket Fence Distress Stain, SSS Tag Dies, Spiral Punch (SU), Black EP, Linen Thread, Black Brad

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was chosen as winner over at Sweet Stampin' and got a shout out at Retro Sketches.

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You can send that cowboy my way any day! And you are be fabulous chemist!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a great cowboy card and fab colouring, just perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Debbie said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin' for our "Cowboy" theme. Debbiex

Kathyk said...

FAB make for this sketch

Thanks so much for visiting my own blog and for following me too

Kathyk

Jen Mitchell said...

Well howdy! Where do I get one those? The cowboy, I mean! Although he could ditch the mustache :)