Sunday 17 August 2014

Twinkling Baby

Hi and welcome!  Today's card is for a very special reason.  Mindy, who runs the Fab Friday challenge, had a baby recently and the rest of the Fab Friday team hijacked the planned challenge to do a baby card challenge!  Fun, right?  Mindy had a little boy, so I kept my card in the blue/green spectrum, which also meets the criteria at Just Us Girls this week.


For my card, I dug out my Twinkling H2Os which I've had for many, many years and barely used.  In fact, probably 90% of them have never been used!  To create the background, I first white embossed the image and sentiment onto watercolor paper.  I then wet the paper and dropped on the Twinkling H2Os using a paintbrush.  Look at that shimmer!


I finished the card with some homemade enamel dots which I made using Perler beads.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find any locally so had to order online and the minimum size was 6000 beads, so I've got enough for several lifetimes :)

Thanks for visiting.  Congrats to Mindy on your beautiful little boy.




Products used:

Stamps:  Celebrate Baby (SU)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Cool Caribbean, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Accessories:  Twinkling H2Os, White EP, Enamel Dots

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card was a Fab Fave at Fab Friday.

7 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a beautiful baby card! That background is amazing and I love the homemade enamel dots, too. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Another technique! Do you ever create a card that I don't love?

Linda Callahan said...

This definitely twinkles! Love that background! And I'm with Narelle!

Patrice said...

So beautiful Karren. Looking forward to seeing enamel dots on almost every future creation from you lol. x

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet, Karren! Love that background and the little mobile in the corner! Love the enamel dots!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is so sweet, Karren! Love that background- perfect for a baby boy! 6000 beads, eh?! Better get busy!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the twinkle! And the watercolor look too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!