Thursday 23 April 2015

Rock Star

Hi and welcome to Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Day!  Today, our hostess is the very
talented and funny Linda Callahan.  Linda has come up with a very versatile sketch for us.


For my card, I decided to use the inspiration pic at The Card Concept and produced what I guess would be a Clean and Layered card.

And a bit of advice - heat-setting translucent embossing paste gives it a crackled look, so if you don't want that look, don't heat-set!  I got a bit impatient for it to dry so gave it a blast.  I quite liked the crackled effect so decided to use it.
I again pulled out my new Blueprints dies for most of this card - love those things and have got a few more sets on the way!  I inlaid the star and its frame then decided it didn't stand out enough so cut a black star and popped that up on foam tape.  You can see a peek of pink star underneath, which is quite a cool look.

I hope you'll check out the rest of the design team's inspiration and have a go at this sketch yourself.
Thanks for visiting.
Products used:
Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Ink:  Ranger Archival Black
Cardstock:  Basic Gray, Black, Melon Mambo (SU)
Accessories:  Equaliser stencil (MFT), Translucent Embossing Paste, MFT Stitched Traditional Tag Stax, Blueprints 18 dies


11 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Love this card - colors, layout, techniques, and everything! And it's a perfect take on both challenges!

Linda Callahan said...

The crackled look is funky and cool.....like you :) And the bright pop of pick is fabulous! Love this hip and modern take on the sketch!

Jen Brum said...

Such an amazing card Karren! I love the look. That embossing paste is fabulous! The pop of pink is so eye catching! Super fun!

Jen Mitchell said...

This totally rocks and I love how the embossing paste turned out. Love the pop of color from the Melon Mambo!

Becca Cruger said...

I love the look of the embossing paste when it crackles and pops! It gives such a nice textural effect. And that big, bold star is super cool!

Greta said...

Gorgeous card with such neat elements! I've wondered about getting some of the Blueprints dies--may have to now!

Cheryl Hamilton said...

Great card! So many different things to look at. This would make a great grad card!
Cheryl

Narelle Farrugia said...

You make the coolest cards! I love everything about this fab card!

Cindy Hall said...

I love the crackled look of the embossing paste! I found the same is true with Crystal Effects when I was impatient one day, and I loved how that turned out , too. I guess we're both impatient when it comes to waiting for things to dry. :)

Marika said...

U Rock Girl! You have so cleverly layered those pieces. Love how you used die cut stars as well as the negative space. Really brings all together!

Jen Timko said...

I love the texture on this! The cool tag, the great colors and that sentiment.....perfect combination.