Saturday 13 June 2015

Butterfly Parade

Hi, I'm back with another post today!  I've had some fun in my craft room today and churned out a couple of cards for challenges as well as my usual DT cards, which will feature during the week.

This card uses the inspiration pic from Card Concept and the butterflies code word at Addicted to CAS.

As soon as I saw the picture at Card Concept, I immediately was drawn to the rainbow and white color scheme and knew what I wanted to create.  I made a card in the Clean and Graphic style:


I started with a Fog card case, die-cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I then die-cut the Butterfly Drift die in white and rainbow colors.  When I adhered the butterflies to the card base, the full butterflies were only stuck down in the middle so their wings can sit up.  For the largest butterfly, I put a body and antenna on using the Leavenworth Trio die by Memory Box - a perfect fit!

I wanted a scripty sentiment to mimic the butterflies' flight so used Signature Greetings by PTI.  All the butterflies were colored with clear Wink of Stella for some shimmer.


Thanks for visiting.  



Products used:

Stamps:  Signature Greetings (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  Fog, Schoolhouse Red, Orange Peel, Sunshine, Green Apple, Audrey Blue, Island Blue, Blue Violet (SSS), White
Accessories:  Butterfly Drift (SSS), Leavenworth Trio (Memory Box), Wink of Stella, Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangle die

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

Hannelie said...

Too beautiful for words!

Linda Callahan said...

This card is fabulous! Love the color block butterflies!

SonjaK said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful rainbow of butterflies, Karren! Love all the bright colors and that sentiment is the perfect fit! So glad to see you over at ATCAS!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ack - you are killing me with that butterfly die. I do not need it. I do not need it. I do not need it. And I think it goes without saying that this card is utterly fabulous!

Jo Herbert said...

What an exquisite card <3 Hugs Jo

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Karren. Love your rainbow of butterflies and having their wings free gives them lots of dimension. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous! I don't see you use a lot of butterflies - you have used them perfectly here!

Unknown said...

Love your colorful butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us over ATCAS!

UnePetiteFemmeFatale said...

Very interesting idea with rainbow butterflies. So nice!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the idea of using a rainbow of butterflies! Thank you so much for playing along with The Card Concept!