Thursday 11 June 2015

Sending Hugs

It's time for another fabulous sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and this week the Queen of Color Combos, Amy O'Neill, is our hostess.  Here's her sketch.


For my card, I wanted to use a lime green and white color combo so, along with the sketch, that was my starting point.  From there, it was like pulling teeth to get a completed card!  I won't go into how many versions and how much cardstock I wasted, but I finally got a card finished.



I think my problem with this card stemmed from the oval.  A bit like Jen B's aversion to circles, I'm not a fan of ovals and I struggled with how to use the oval in the sketch.  In the end, I went with emboss resist and a Stampers Anonymous collage stamp and framed it in black.  Framing in black makes everything better, in my opinion :)

The dots down the left hand side are white-embossed onto Lucky Limeade cardstock and the sentiment is also white-embossed onto black cardstock.



Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have dished up some wonderful inspiration for you as usual so be sure to head over to the blog and check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Anonymous Collage (Stampers Anonymous), Basic Borders (Mama Elephant), Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark, Lucky Limeade (SU)
Cardstock:  White, black, Lucky Limeade
Accessories:  White EP, Clear EP, Oval Nestabilities

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well your oval looks great.. .....very cool effect! And you are right about the black - the perfect accessory!

Jen Mitchell said...

I will now also admit to having issues with ovals! I don't know what it is about them - maybe we should form a circle-oval support group and try to figure this out! But I love how you did yours. The collage of images look great and you are absolutely right that framing things in black makes everything better!

SonjaK said...

Oh, I love this card, Karren. So sorry to read that you've had such a hard time with it. The outcome, however, is wonderful.

Amy O said...

I love the lime green paired with the white and black accents. Sorry to hear this was a challenge for you. I would have never known it though, as I love this card.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Karren! I totally get your aversion to ovals!!! Your card doesn't show it though! Love the colours and I do believe that the black matting look amazing!

Sand Lee said...

This is just fab!!!! xx

Sand Lee said...

This is just fab!!!! xx

Jen Timko said...

I have to confess that you made this look easy, my friend! I seriously love what you did with that oval!! Beautiful card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You wouldn't think you had struggled at all - you're always the first to get your cards up! This is lovely and clean and I just love these colours together!