Sunday 16 August 2015

Lighthouse

Hi!  I just got the Guiding Lights set from PTI and as soon as I saw the challenge at Just Us Girls, I knew this set would be perfect!  I teamed that up with the sketch at Just Add Ink and came up with this card.




I started with a Slate card base and sponged over the Scribble Script stencil with Slate ink for a tone-on-tone look.  The circle was cut with a pierced circle die and the sentiment and birds were white embossed to the left of the circle.  

I die-cut then stamped the lighthouse, which was then popped up on foam tape.  Some gray twine finished the card.



Thanks for visiting.


JAI #275


Products used:

Stamps:  Guiding Lights (PTI)
Ink:  Lipstick Red, Slate, Smoke (SSS) Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark
Cardstock:  Slate, Black, White
Accessories:  Guiding Lights die, white EP, Scribble Script stencil (Donna Downey), Gray Twine, Pierced Circle Stax (MFT)

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Ina G said...

Super card and how good it is when you have something new you can try out straight away. So glad you shared it with us this week for our Colour Challenge at Just Us Girls. Thanks.

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!

Hannelie said...

AWESOME background!
Love this card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I am coming over for a visit to see your stash of stamps - coz I seriously think you have every one from every company out there! You always use the perfect image for sketches!

Nikki Spencer said...

Loving that background Karren, Great use of the Just Add Ink sketch...Thanks for joining us!

Marika said...

Perfect! And now you made me want that stencil too...

Nancy said...

Awesome card and love that lighthouse! So glad you took the time to join us at Just Us Girls Karren....I love seeing your work in our gallery!

Rosalie Desmond said...

What a great card.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love your new stamp set.