Friday 11 December 2015

Penguin Beach

Hi!  It's Fusion Card Challenge time and we have a fabulous sketch and inspiration photo for this, our last challenge of the year.


Despite the decidedly Christmas theme to the challenge, I went in the complete opposite direction and came up with a summer card - although it IS summer here.  I did stick with a bird theme of sorts, though :)



On a white card base I sponged some sand and sea using Old Paper, Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks.  I used a white gel pen for the waves.  I stamped and colored the penguin, tree and ball before die-cutting them.  I then used an oval die to partially die cut the top layer of white cardstock.  I then positioned the colored elements onto the card before stamping the sentiment.


I used a Copic Multiliner pen to draw the seagulls - that is the extent of my drawing skills :)  And that's it!  In hindsight I wish I hadn't used a white top layer but it's too late now!

Thanks for visiting.  The rest of the design team have used the challenge graphic to make some spectacular cards, so be sure to check them out.

Products used:

Stamps:  Penguins in Paradise (MFT) Poppy Birthday (Verve)
Ink:  Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Old Paper Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Penguins in Paradise (MFT), Oval Nestabilities
Accessories:  Copics, white gel pen, Copic Multiliner

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

SonjaK said...

Oh, I LOVE this card. The frame, the layout, the coloring. Everything about it is just perfect!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun card Karren! LOVE how you worked the sketch in with the cut out and that penquin is just adorable!! Julia xx

Rosemary said...

too cute!! love that sweet little penguin!!

Marika said...

Thank you for bringing sun shine to my screen. Love it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a great card. I love the way you created your adorable scene in and over the edge of your aperture. It's colored beautifully, and is a happy, fun piece of art that anyone will enjoy!! Love it!!!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

EEEK! So freaking cute and I love how you used the dies!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

EEEK! So freaking cute and I love how you used the dies!

Jen Mitchell said...

Adorable! And a very clever take on that sketch!

Gisela said...

Too cute and clever way on using the sketch.