Wednesday 11 May 2016

Special Delivery

It's time for another sketch from SugarPea Designs!  Check out this week's fabulous inspiration:


I flipped the sketch on its side to fit all my elements in and CAS-ified the sketch to come up with this card:



I stamped and colored a heap of envelopes from the Special Delivery set and then fussy cut them out.  After I stamped the fun sentiment onto a white card base, I dry-embossed one of the Zig Zag Stitched Circle dies onto the card base to keep the card as CAS as I could.  Here's a close up.




I then arranged the envelopes in a rainbow fashion and used Glossy Accents on the little hearts.  I finished the cards with some rainstones.


Thanks for visiting!


Here are the guidelines to join in our challenge:

  • Create a new card or project using the sketch provided.
  • SugarPea Designs stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated :)
  • You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable.
  • Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS53 so that we may check out your beautiful work.
  • One randomly selected winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs store. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $75!
  • We will announce our Main Winner at the end of each month.
  • The more times you play along during the month, the better chance you have of winning!
Be sure to visit the rest of the design team - they have some wonderful inspiration for you:





Products used:

Stamps:  Special Delivery
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies:  Zig Zag Stitched Circles
Accessories:  Copics, Glossy Accents, Rainstones

Cheers
Karren

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh I love this clean and stunning take on the sketch, karren!!! fabulous work!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beyond adorable! Love the cluster of envelopes!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love this super CAS card! Those envelopes are colored so well!!!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love those happy colourful envelopes and the sweet sentiment, Karren!!!!! What a lovely CAS design!!!! I love the rainstones to add just that little something extra to finish off your lovely card!!!
Hugz

Manuela said...

oh my, so cute, love the little colorful letters

Amy Rohl said...

Oh, I just love those happy envies!! Your coloring is spot on, and just pops against the white background. My kinda card!!

Ruth said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love how you've flipped the sketch and kept it nice and clean and simple. Beautifully coloured. Xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oooohhh - love the rainbow of colours!!

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you flipped the sketch and arranged these cute envies, and the rainbow of colors are just perfect, Karren! Really fun card!