Saturday 5 November 2016

Color on Kraft

Hi and welcome back to the second Flower Challenge challenge.  This month we're looking for a floral card for an occasion.


I am in need of a birthday card so I came up with this card, which features Prismacolor coloring on Kraft.


I used my favorite Delicate Pretty Poppies set by MFT and white embossed onto a kraft panel before coloring with my Prismacolor pencils.  The sentiment was die-cut from white and kraft and layered together.


Thanks for visiting.  The DT have some gorgeous floral beauties to inspire you so be sure to check them out.

I'm linking this up to the CAS challenge at Little Tangles as well.

Products used:

Stamps:  Delicate Pretty Poppies (MFT), Celebrate (Neat & Tangled)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock:  White, Black, Desert Storm
Dies:  Celebrate (N&T)
Accessories:  Prismacolor Pencils, Stitched Rectangles (Lil Inkers)

Cheers
Karren

18 comments:

Lesley said...

This is stunning!

Viv said...

Fabulous card Karren, love the coloured Kraft card (such pretty flowers) and the clever sentiment part too ;) Viv xx

Linda said...

Karren, your flower is so gorgeous. Beautiful card.

Ashwini Rao said...

LOVE what you've created! The coloring looks absolutely gorgeous! And the layout is great too! Fantastic card!!

I Card Everyone said...

I've yet to add colored pencils to my ever-growing stash ... this one makes me want to try them, Karren! Gorgeous!
=]

Kim S said...

The white, black and kraft is such a fabulous contrast to those beautiful poppies!!

Barb Ghig said...

So gorgeous, Karren! I love the effect of your coloring with pencils and your color palette is stunning...So perfect on Kraft, too! Love this card!

Christine Blain said...

Love, love, love, Prismacolor pencils on kraft ... and the way you've done the sentiment is fantastic! Awesome card, Karren.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, karren!!!

Lisa T said...

It's absolutely stunning Karren. I love the look of pencils on kraft, especially with a white embossed image. It really pops from the card, I must try this with my new pencils :). And the greeting is the perfect size and placement. Gorgeous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

I love poppies! Yours are so beautiful! White embossing plus coloring on kraft gives a stunning effect!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW Karren, this flowers look amazing on kraft paper, specially white embossed and colored like you did in those beautiful and bright colors.
Love the white, bold sentiment die cut and placed back in it's place, this gives it awesome dimension.
Gorgeous card.
Big Hugs,
Maria.

Linda Callahan said...

One home run after another! This is gorgeous! The colors on the kraft are fabulous~!

Karen Davis said...

Completely divine!! I love the 'celebrate'. Amazing card. Hope all is well with you :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! This is SO beautiful! The flowers are amazing!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous...love the embedded sentiment...

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

Claire Grantham said...

Love this, such a bold use of white, really makes the flowers pop on the kraft paper. Cx