Monday 21 November 2016

Skater

Welcome and thanks for dropping by!  Today's card was made using the Christmas Critters theme at Simon Says Stamp, the CAS Christmas theme at Paper Players as well as the Pets theme at CAS on Sunday - not that I'd want mice as pets, but some people like them 😃


These mice were some colored as part of the Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge and I decided to make them into a card by creating a little scene.  The mountains come from a Mama Elephant die and I lightly sponged the mountain part with Broken China ink.  I also sponged the stitched hills at the top as well.  I wanted to keep the background CAS so didn't do anything to the sky.

These mice were colored as part of my practice session with 4 color blends.  I started with the second to darkest color, worked down to the lightest than added in the darkest color and worked my way down again.  I'm still not terribly happy with the blending so back to the drawing board.  The beauty of the 30 day challenge is that it's okay to just practice with no requirement to make a card.  Usually, I go into the craft room with the intention of making a card, therefore when it doesn't work out, I feel as if I've wasted time.  I'm sure that whoever in my family receives this card won't complain about the blending 😉



Thanks for visiting!


wed-newchallenge-header

For your blog

Products used:

Stamps:  On Thin Ice (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Black Licorice Hybrid, Broken China Distress
Cardstock:  White, X-Press It
Dies;  On Thin Ice (CB), Snow Capped Mountains (Mama Elephant), Landscape Trio (Mama Elephant)
Accessories:  Copics, White Gel Pen, Wink of Stella 

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Paper Players and CAS on Sunday

14 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your super colorful design!! The scene is too cute! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas Critters” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Claire Broadwater said...

Karren, I think this is so adorable! Your blending looks great to me! These little mice make me smile! The background is so fun! Thank you for joining my CAS challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Karren,
I love this card and the 4 color blending you've nailed it to me this is just so adorable.........

Karen Day said...

So sweet, Karren!

Hannelie said...

LOVE the pretty pops of color on the stunning BG Karren!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

maria f. said...

Shoulddaseenmyjawdrop. When I saw all those markers in the photo. Wow, girl. You rock Copics! Can I admit though, my favorite detail about your card is somehow that adorable little sentiment. It seems so utterly perfect for your scene.

Jen Mitchell said...

You're too hard on yourself! Believe, me no one is going to complain about your imaginary inferior blending! I think this looks wonderful. And when I was a kid I had a friend with a pet mouse. His name was Mousekins!

stampwithsandy said...

Karren these little mice are the cutest and your coloring is just perfect! What a happy holiday scene you've created. So glad you shared with us this week at The Paper Players!

Rosemary said...

too darn cute, karren... love those perfectly colored and totally adorable mice!!

Colleen Begley said...

Oh wow, these little skating mice are adorable! Thanks for sharing with the Paper Players this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Well this just makes me smile! Adorable scene!

Nance Leedy said...

Super sweet and beautifully colored! Adorable card, Karren. So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable! Your little mice critters are so cute and your Copic coloring is amazing, Karren! 4 color blends? I'm still working on 2 color blends ~ LOL! The depth and dimension you achieve with your coloring is stunning!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win at CAS on Sunday! Way to go!!!