Thursday 3 November 2016

Triangle Christmas

Hi!  Thanks for visiting and checking out the latest fabulous sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Cindy Hall and she has come up with a sketch with so many possibilities.


I went with a Christmas card this week and some more NBUS.  This Hero Arts set was the oldest set in my NBUS box and I bought it just after last Christmas!  I'm so glad I have used it and it can now go live with its like-minded friends in my Christmas stamp boxes :)  



I have been inspired to pull out my Prismacolor pencils and do some coloring on kraft, so that's what I did with these fun triangle images.  I colored one in red and one in green, focusing the color in one corner of each triangle,  I cut out the triangles and adhered them to the kraft panel that I'd white embossed with the sentiment and the stars.  A Lipstick Red panel is behind the kraft and for the horizontal panel, I used a strip of green foil cardstock.


Thanks for dropping by!  If you haven't already, please go check out the fabulous creations made by the rest of the DT.  They're sure to inspire you!

Products used:

Stamps:  Joy to the World (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  Desert Storm, White, Green Foil, Lipstick Red (SSS)
Accessories:  White EP, Prismacolor Pencils

Cheers
Karren


8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

it was worth the wait, Karren! REally beautiful detail, and the kraft? LOve it!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Love this funky design! The colors on Kraft look terrific!

Amy O said...

I really love that sentiment! And I love white embossing on kraft. Beautiful card, Karren!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, those trees are amazing. The way you've colored them make them seem puffy and 3D! A wonderful card and can I also just say that I love that green foil cardstock!!

Rosemary said...

fabulous design, karren... love the white embossing on the kraft!!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is such a great card Karren! I love those trees! They look like shiny tiles! Love the shiny green panel! So pretty and so Christmassy!

Cindy Hall said...

So glad you pulled out NBUS; this card is fabulous! I am so hung up on how you colored the triangles... I keep staring at them. They truly look like raised little tiles. Amazing!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is truly a fantastic coloring! Your triangles seem to be gems! Totally love this Christmas card !