Thursday 18 May 2017

Balloon Strings

Hi!  It's sketch time and the team at Freshly Made Sketches have some gorgeous inspiration for you this week.  Our sketch was designed by the fabulous Jen Mitchell and is versatile-plus!


I wanted to play along with the current challenge at Time Out so used Hannelie's gorgeous card as my inspiration.  


I white-embossed the Balloon Strings background stamp onto a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and over that, I sponged various shades of distress ink in an ombre fashion.  Once I was finished, I die-cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die, then split the panel in two with a stitched basic borders die.  I popped both panels up on a white card base using fun foam.

Most unusually for me, I left the flower uncolored, just stamping and die-cutting it before adhering it over the inked panel.  I finished with some Nuvo Crystal Drops in black.




Thanks so much for visiting!  As I said earlier, the DT have some gorgeous cards, so head on over and check them out.  We'd love to see your card in our gallery.

Grab Our Badge!

Products used:

Stamps:  Balloon Strings (MFT), Beautiful Friend (Clearly Besotted)
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Ripe Persimmon, Carved Pumpkin, Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks
Cardstock:  White, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Blueprints 15 (MFT), Beautiful Friend (Clearly Besotted)
Accessories:  Nuvo Crystal Drops, Fun Foam

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Time Out.

19 comments:

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous!! Love the warm colours and that fun background stamp!

Estelle TBT said...

Wow! Such a gorgeous card Karren! Love your beautiful blended background.
Perfect combination of the both challenges!

I Card Everyone said...

What a fantastic idea! Gorgeous, Karren!
=]

Amy O said...

You blend inks so beautifully! I love how you left the flowers uncolored -- it lets your background shine. A beautiful card, Karren!

Cara said...

Beautiful inky background. Cara x

Linda Callahan said...

That is one fabulous background! I love how you left the flowers white! Beautiful card!

Barb Ghig said...

Your balloon strings look amazing with your flawless ink blending and I really love how you left these beautiful blooms uncolored! Awesome take on the sketch, Karren!

Nonni said...

In love with your card... Gorgeous background and those black and white flowers just pop from it. Such a stunning design! Thanks for joining us at TO!

sandie said...

wow Karren-one unique CASE-love how you used the background colours and then the white die-fab CASE and love to see you at Time Out

Susanne Vargas said...

Absolutely adore your take on Hannelie's card! Gorgeous background - it makes the flowers really pop!

Lyn said...

Love love love your background and then added the flowers like they are.....Very nice

Jen Mitchell said...

Love that background - both the colors and the random strings. And leaving the flowers uncolored was a good decision. They look fantastic!

Jen Brum said...

Wow! This card is beautiful Karren! That background is just amazing! I love the colours. Those flowers look perfect in white!

Hannelie said...

This is so beautiful! I love the way my card inspired you Karren! Thank you so much for playing along and for your kind words!

Migdalia said...

Love the gorgeous background! Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M


Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this is awesome! You surely are the Queen of distress inks and amazing backgrounds!

Anita in France said...

Such a gorgeous ombré blended background, Karren ... those uncoloured blooms are fabulous against it, so striking! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Karen Davis said...

I love the flowers left uncoloured and the balloon strings embossing. The colours you have used are divine. I am running out of adjectives Karren, each card is a work of art. You are so talented!!!!

sandie said...

Hi Karen, congrats on getting HM at Time Out, we loved your card, so many wonderful entries and yours really stood out, thanks for supporting Time Out so much x