Thursday 22 March 2018

Mandala

Hi and welcome!  I'm back with another challenge from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our hostess is Kim Singdahlsen.  Her sketch is a goodie - and I can't wait to see how everyone interprets it.


I decided to use some emboss resist and bright colors to define the circular shape on the sketch.


I've been wanting this Mandala stamp for ages and whenever I was placing an order at SSS, it was out of stock.  I finally managed to grab it last month and this is its first outing.  I white embossed it onto a panel of Neenah Solar White cardstock and then sponged Distress Oxide inks over the top, fading out towards the top right corner.

The sentiment is from another NBUS set and white embossed onto black.  The panel was die-cut with a stitched frame die and then added to a white card base with fun foam between the layers.  I finished the card with some Sparkling Clear Confetti.



Thanks for visiting!  The design team have come up with some fabulous cards so I hope you'll check them out.

I'm linking this up to the ink technique challenge at Work It Wednesday.




Products used:

Stamps:  Mandala (SugarPea Designs), Yay for You (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Abandoned Coral, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey Distress Oxide
Cardstock:  White, Black
Dies:  Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessories:  White EP, Sparkling Clear Confetti

Cheers
Karren

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Karren, your Mandela is fabulous... I've yet to acquire one, but happy to see yours! Now who's the enabler?!
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Karren! I love how your Mandala pops against your flawless ink blending and your color palette is just beautiful! Love your choice of sequins, too...sparkling clear confetti is perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is wonderful! Love all that beautiful inkiness behind the embossed image!

Kim S said...

That stamp is lovely and even more so with those gorgeous colors sponged around it! LOVE the simple sentiment across the middle and your sprinkling of sequins!

Amy O said...

You are a master at blending inks! I love these colors, and that stamp works perfectly with this sketch.

Jen Mitchell said...

That Mandala was worth the wait! And leave it to you to sponge a perfect background to show it off!

Sherry Espinoza said...

I love the striking background.

Claire said...

Every time I go to order something at SSS there is always something out of stock! So frustrating. Anyway, it was worth the wait - this is just gorgeous and you've used my favourite blend of inks too!

Jen Brum said...

Oh my! This is one gorgeous card! I love that stamp and the sponged background is so amazing. So bright and cheery! Love the embossed sentiment as well! You are so creative my friend!!!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is such a wonderful take on the sketch! Gorgeous card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! Those colours in the background are perfectly vibrant! The stamp you've used is perfect for the sketch - another amazing card Karren!